`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Sports Collectors Convention Thief

National Sports Collectors Convention Thief
Just got this in my LCS newsletter, thought i'd pass it around. You never know, ya'll might be able to help catch these d ouche bags!

[Image: ConventionThief.jpg]

RE: National Sports Collectors Convention Thief
Some people...
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Wow.....what a buch of a hats.

I heard from a dealer that was at the National that another dealer was arrested at the show by the Postal Inspector for selling fake patches through the mail. Cuffed him at his booth and marched him out in front of everyone! Wish I could have seen it. That might be what you're referring to but my work server blocks your image link
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

people ruining all the fun of this hobby....that dealer might have been working his butt off to own that card and now it gets stolen...needs to just wait until it shows up on ebay eventually!

Heartbreaking. I remember once I was at a show and a guy was tackled and arrested after trying to steal a Mickey Mantle card.

They are just cards. Gee...

This exact fear has really kept me from taking my cards to the local flea market to try and sell. I don't have an exquisite collection by any means but I'm proud of the small collection of cards I have that each have a Beckett high value over $50. I know I'd be quite pissed if I was to have them stolen.

How do those of you that have gone to shows or sell at flea markets control your cards to help deter and prevent theives?
Dave J.

Collecting current and former Georgia Tech sports stars, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., and Albert Pujols

I hope the thieves try to sell the Namath on ebay. There can't be many mint BVG Namath rookies in existence, it would be easy to catch them.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

They may just be cards but it is still real money...In the times we live in some people are resorting to the lowest of the low to make a buck...I'd be contacting the grading company getting all the info registered for that card and then putting out alerts on facebook, twitter, faxes to card shops, emails to the big dealers, whatever to spread the word about the card