`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Things Card Companies should Never do (But probably will)
Information 
5 Things Card Companies should Never do (But probably will)
5. Redemptions
Who in the world ever opens a pack and goes "HOLY CRAP, I GOT A REDEMPTION!!!!" Answer: No Sane Person

4. Exclusives
Nobody reads a article stating "Topps is getting the exclusive for football" and goes YES!! As collectors we want selection, and we like to have a selection of what we can collect

3. Non-Sport Inserts in a Sport Set
Now, Ill start this off by saying occasionally these can be OK. If their advertised. Say, next year, I open Topps Triple Threads and get a [Insert Poker Star Name] auto, I will not be happy (<--Understatement)

2. Bug Cards
Enough Said

And last, but not least

1. Bad and/or Horrible Designs
[Image: 2007%20Playoff%20Contenders%20Playoff%20...f%2099.JPG]
Who at Playoff said "Lets make a card set where all the cards look like they are faded. Seriously? No, Just No. (Ok, the design wasn't that bad, and if you have worse show me(Youll probably have worse...))

WARNING: This list may or may not have been out of order

Am I missing anything? Post your top five
I collect Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, and Former Michigan Wolverines

[Image: th_445.jpg]

RE: 5 Things Card Companies should Never do (But probably will)
Actually, the bug or entomology cards were kinda cool. I ended up with a metalmark butterfly, and I love it! In all seriousness, they should stop making Cleveland Browns cards because its pointless.

That's a joke, BTW LOL
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

Very VERY well said. I agree with ur list 100%!!

I will add one more tho... I HATE HATE HATE when a card company makes a card with an athlete pictured in one team uniform, print a different team on the card, then put a mem swatch on the card of a different team.... REALLY????? Three different teams on one card?!?!?

A buddy of mine had a Shaquille Oneal like that... Pictured in his Suns uni, listed Cavs as his team on the card, topped off with a nice 2clr patch from his Heat uniform!! *Pulls hair while screaming*
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

I agree with your list completely. Now I know some folks like the bugs cards or the history cards, but hey make a specific set for those topics. PLEASE don't put bugs in when I can pull a RayRay or Steelers for my PC, thanks LOL Big Grin

Lol, those bug cards are pretty disgusting but to be honest I wouldn't mind one of the scorpion ones! Good list, as mentioned though I'd def add the multi team single player cards.. I rather last years team logo on the card if they can't get the player in his current jersey..

Edit- One more thing that repulses me is the hair follicle cards.. If I wanted someones dna I'd just send my cards off to get encapsulated ;-) j/k.. But how exactly do they get those things???? Not even sure I wanna know on second thought.

(08-09-2011, 10:32 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: Lol, those bug cards are pretty disgusting but to be honest I wouldn't mind one of the scorpion ones! Good list, as mentioned though I'd def add the multi team single player cards.. I rather last years team logo on the card if they can't get the player in his current jersey..

Edit- One more thing that repulses me is the hair follicle cards.. If I wanted someones dna I'd just send my cards off to get encapsulated ;-) j/k.. But how exactly do they get those things???? Not even sure I wanna know on second thought.
krayzie, I remember reading about those dna cards, and one of them was of someone (can't remember who exactly) who's been dead for a couple centuries. Whatever it was I was reading was about the hair or whatever and how it's from a direct ancestor of whoever the card is of. Dumb.

One of the things they should never do is make Game used jock straps or underwear cards Smile

Heck, Wendy would be going wild over those Wink LOL
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(08-09-2011, 10:55 PM)shigfrag Wrote: krayzie, I remember reading about those dna cards, and one of them was of someone (can't remember who exactly) who's been dead for a couple centuries. Whatever it was I was reading was about the hair or whatever and how it's from a direct ancestor of whoever the card is of. Dumb.
The two I remember were George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.. Sold for alot of cashhhhhh so I guess I really wouldn't mind pulling one to flip... I just hope they don't branch off.. Could you imagine pulling a Chris Johnson dread card??? :x
(08-09-2011, 11:00 PM)shezdoni Wrote: One of the things they should never do is make Game used jock straps or underwear cards Smile

Heck, Wendy would be going wild over those Wink LOL
Or game used sock cards.. *cough cough 1999 Fleer Mystique Feel the Game #5 Dan Marino Sock/220*... More like gag gag, who thought that would be a good idea?????

OK, so yeah... redemptions are irritating for sure. I do like though that I've always been able to trade/ sell redemptions for about the same as an actual, real card.

I really dislike non-football cards coming in packs of football cards!! I HATE that my big 3-row box of *football* inserts has guitar players, presidents, the guy who designed Central Park, and all types of other crap. I guess pulling some goofy non football insert (like a bug card or dna card) wouldn't piss me off too bad as long as it sells for more than most football inserts would have.

As for showing you a worse design than that playoff one you showed... wow, that's nothing compared to some of the insanely hideous garbage they were pumping out in the mid 90s!!!

(08-09-2011, 09:50 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: Very VERY well said. I agree with ur list 100%!!

I will add one more tho... I HATE HATE HATE when a card company makes a card with an athlete pictured in one team uniform, print a different team on the card, then put a mem swatch on the card of a different team.... REALLY????? Three different teams on one card?!?!?

A buddy of mine had a Shaquille Oneal like that... Pictured in his Suns uni, listed Cavs as his team on the card, topped off with a nice 2clr patch from his Heat uniform!! *Pulls hair while screaming*
I actually have this x4. Its a UD Heads up quad jsy card with 4 no-namers, all 4 players have different logos next to their names AND all with the small copy print that they've all been traded and the jsy is with a former team.
[Image: Gdgj0.png]

PhotoBucket

Top 5 Auto Needs
1. Elijah Pitts
2. Oscar Robertson "Big O"
3. Giannis Antetokounmpo "GA34"
4. Aaron Rodgers "A12R"
5. Aaron Rodgers "A8R"