`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings
(08-09-2011, 07:57 PM)jconstein Wrote: Thanks man I just might hit you up on that. I think im going to send it to psa asap. Lol
hahaha...shoot me a pm if you're ever interested. I cut the tops off with a bandsaw and slide it right out, very easy and no damage to the card at all. You could crack it with a hammer too but its risky . I could get it out and send it back the next day no prob. Check me for a trade too if you see anything so it makes the shipping worthwhile

RE: So my cards that were being graded are finished and shipped so i checked the gradings
(08-09-2011, 08:17 PM)john1580 Wrote: hahaha...shoot me a pm if you're ever interested. I cut the tops off with a bandsaw and slide it right out, very easy and no damage to the card at all. You could crack it with a hammer too but its risky .
Thought of this for some reason.
[Image: texas.jpg]
[Image: smiley-lol.png]

you can also use a vice on the corners to pop the cases pretty easily youtube has a number of videos showing how to do it

if it got a 3.5 on surface from BGS even with PSA being more lenient I don't think you'd be happy with the results... I'd wait till you got the card back and give the front and back a GOOD lookover to see why it scored so low first
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

You ever wonder if cards get swapped at the grader sometimes? I mean how does one miss something so bad it gets you a 4.5?
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(08-09-2011, 10:58 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: You ever wonder if cards get swapped at the grader sometimes? I mean how does one miss something so bad it gets you a 4.5?
I don't have to wonder. I know it for a fact that they do. When I worked at an LCS in Portland my coworker sent in a Koufax RC with 60/40 centering toward the upper right corner to PSA. He got back one centered 90/10 to the left edge with a light crease.

(08-09-2011, 05:44 PM)jconstein Wrote: All I can say is wow. One of my cards being graded is a 2010 Bowman Chrome Stephen Starsburg Purple Refractor. It got a grade of 4.5!

Centering Corners Edges Surfaces
8.5 9 10 3.5
Final Grade: 4.5

This card looks flawless. I was expecting to get a low grade on the centering because for some reason, Refractors have centering issues, but 3.5 on surfaces? I just dont get it. I am vary upset

On the bright side my other two cards I got graded got good grades.

Set Name: 2011 Bowman Chrome Prospects Purple Refractors
Player Name: Bryce Harper
Date Graded: Monday, August 08, 2011
8 9.5 10 9
Final Grade: 8.5

Set Name: 2006 Bowman Chrome Prospects Refractors
Player Name: Jose Bautista AU
Date Graded: Monday, August 08, 2011
9 8.5 9.5 9
Final Grade: 9.0
No one has said this yet. Since it's a purple refractor, maybe there's a fingerprint on the card somewhere that you didn't catch.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

If Beckett is indeed swapping some cards there needs to be a way to catch them and report it because that is theft.

(08-09-2011, 11:31 PM)pacrimcollectibles Wrote: I don't have to wonder. I know it for a fact that they do. When I worked at an LCS in Portland my coworker sent in a Koufax RC with 60/40 centering toward the upper right corner to PSA. He got back one centered 90/10 to the left edge with a light crease.
wow thats messed up
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(08-10-2011, 12:49 PM)jconstein Wrote: If Beckett is indeed swapping some cards there needs to be a way to catch them and report it because that is theft.
I personally don't think that it's Beckett doing the swapping.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-10-2011, 01:54 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I personally don't think that it's Beckett doing the swapping.
who would it be then? I doubt too many postal employees have off-center replacements for the cards being sent in. if they are being swapped, and I don't know that they are, but if they are, it would have to be beckett employees doing the grading.