`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Baseball Ambassadors World Tour?

1996 Baseball Ambassadors World Tour?
I am looking for information and possibly pricing on some cards that one of my wife's friends gave me today. They are from 1996 by the Major League Baseball Players Alumni and have MCI plus 1996 Baseball Ambassadors World Tour on the front. They were apparently given out to service members in Rota, Spain. Each of the cards has an on-card autograph in blue ink from the player.

The players include:

Graig Nettles
Jim Sundberg
John Montefusco (Autograph includes "The Count" inscription)
Darrell Evans

Not looking to sell or trade them, just looking for info. I couldn't find them in a search in the Beckett price guide and a Google search turned up nothing. Thanks!

RE: 1996 Baseball Ambassadors World Tour?
Honestly, they probably aren't listed. MLB and the USO do hospitality tours for the military all the time. I have some promo cards from AT&T that were given out with Killebrew, Feller, Tudor, Wynn, and Sanguillen from a couple of years ago. They were made just for those military base appearances, signed by the players, and distributed at the meet and greet.
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

I did find in the Beckett organizer some of the same cards from 1993-1995. Makes me wonder if they are the same as these and if so, why Beckett didn't add them.

The same guy who gave me these also has a ball autographed by all the All-Stars who came to Rota that day and is going to find that for me as well.

Heh i remember that.. ya i got Darrell evens J Howell G. Nettles and the others to. It was cool when they stopped in.
Nice guys and very friendly , but i don't think the cards are worth anything. But i wouldn't sell mine for anything, Good memories
Fighting 40 ...Seabee Pride... However i don't miss running 5 miles ever morning.

(08-08-2011, 09:17 AM)fulltritty Wrote: I am looking for information and possibly pricing on some cards that one of my wife's friends gave me today. They are from 1996 by the Major League Baseball Players Alumni and have MCI plus 1996 Baseball Ambassadors World Tour on the front. They were apparently given out to service members in Rota, Spain. Each of the cards has an on-card autograph in blue ink from the player.

The players include:

Graig Nettles
Jim Sundberg
John Montefusco (Autograph includes "The Count" inscription)
Darrell Evans

Not looking to sell or trade them, just looking for info. I couldn't find them in a search in the Beckett price guide and a Google search turned up nothing. Thanks!

(01-18-2012, 11:39 AM)deman00 Wrote: Heh i remember that.. ya i got Darrell evens J Howell G. Nettles and the others to. It was cool when they stopped in.
Nice guys and very friendly , but i don't think the cards are worth anything. But i wouldn't sell mine for anything, Good memories
Fighting 40 ...Seabee Pride... However i don't miss running 5 miles ever morning.
I just finished a tour with Lucky 11 last year and ....I don't miss the running either.
[Image: chipper.jpg]

Collect Atlanta Braves cards/memorabilia. Chipper Jones and ROY autographs (107/130). Currently looking for 2004 Donruss Elite Passing the Torch cards of Chipper Jones, Dale Murphy, or both that I need.

I just wanted to add them to my Organize. It seems they have other years listed, but not that year.