`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Organize by Player Name/Value?
08-07-2011, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 02:04 PM by dandsbeck1.)
Organize by Player Name/Value?
If it doesn't exist, a great improvement to Beckett's Organize system would be to be able to sort the collections by player name instead of by card set. I have several collections where I have them stored grouped by value instead of by card set. For those collections, I have them organized by player last name instead of set. When I go to inventory that set, I have to search for each player name to ensure I have all the right cards listed on Beckett.com and that can be quite time consuming. I know under the old Beckett.com system you could list by player name. Not sure why that feature didn't carry over.

I'm sure my second idea has been echoed before but I'd like it too if we could sort a collection by value, showing the highest value first or lowest value based on Beckett High, Beckett Low or Condition Value.

For that matter, when doing a search it would be nice if the results were displayed in card description order instead of randomly...

Dave J.

Collecting current and former Georgia Tech sports stars, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., and Albert Pujols
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2011, 09:19 PM
RE: Organize by Player Name/Value?
Another suggestion would be to be able to calculate the value of a collection by the Beckett Low value. I think we all know that 99% of the cards out there do not sell for the Beckett High value and it would be nice to be able to value several hundred cards by the Beckett Low value instead of having to add every entry manually.

Dave J.

Collecting current and former Georgia Tech sports stars, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., and Albert Pujols
08-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Yeah, it has something to do with how the setup the Description in the collections. It isn't handled the same way as the Description within the Search and OPG areas. It behaves as more of an exact match of what is displayed. I'm pretty sure that won't get fixed as it will mean completely redoing the description logic in the code. They really should have the sort by pricing, but hopefully that gets implemented again. Atleast implement it for the people who pay for all-access. I've heard 2 reasons why it isn't, 1) labor intensive on system, 2) on the old system people could exploit this system and find out the value of cards they didn't pay the OPG for.
08-09-2011, 11:14 AM
(08-08-2011 09:19 PM)dandsbeck1 Wrote:  Another suggestion would be to be able to calculate the value of a collection by the Beckett Low value. I think we all know that 99% of the cards out there do not sell for the Beckett High value and it would be nice to be able to value several hundred cards by the Beckett Low value instead of having to add every entry manually.

Normally the Beckett low is 40% of the high value.

Collecting: Heyward, Harper, Freeman, Jeter, Posey, Strasburg, Ripken, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols
Auto's - GU - Bat,Jsy - Refractors
[Image: banner4.jpg]