`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BRYCE HARPER

BRYCE HARPER
I was wanting to ask my fellow collector's on here a question. I have noticed that even though Bryce Harper's standard Bowman cards have held their value so far, it seems like a lot of his serial numbered parallel cards have been going down in value since their release. For instance I pulled a Harper Orange parallel #'d to 250 (not chrome) and it was high booked at $X and has already dropped to $X. They have not continued to go up or hold their value like Strasburg last year. I was not a Strasburg collector last year but I do collect Harper. And I will still follow Harper even if the parallels continue to go down. I was just wanting to know what you guy's opinions are on why.
[Image: SportsPictures-1-1.jpg]

RE: BRYCE HARPER
That seems to happen (price drop after initial pricing is released) on all cards and isn't exclusive to Harper. Makes sense b/c the first cards to hit the market (ebay) always sell for the most and then it settles down.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I think it's because last year Strasburg showed his potential in the majors while Harper is still in the minors
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

yea possibly since he hasn't made it to the majors like strasburg last year..

dare i say maybe just maybe possibly the hype is cascading, declining, descending, dropping, slipping, sagging just a fraction...hard to live up to the hype IMO

i guess people are content just having a base card of harper

Thanks guys for your input. I think all you have some good points here.
[Image: SportsPictures-1-1.jpg]

Obscenely insane hype over Harper and now some of that hype has settled. Even if he lives up to expectations that value appears to already be built in to the current card values. Kind of like a stock of a company. By the time big news is released the news has already affected the price of the stock. I can think of no examples where a player was this hyped up and the player was very successful in the professional level and his card values increased above the over hyped values. Except for maybe Lebron James.
[Image: OSWALT-1-3.jpg]