`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential issue? Help please..

Potential issue? Help please..
I pulled the following card and listed it a few days ago. A guy kept offering and I eventually got into a dialogue with him. I was pretty sure I could get about 20 more than he was offering but he really wanted the card and kept offering to pay for it without going through ebay so that it would save me the fees...At first I was leery of him because he only had 2 feedback. He told me he uses ebay all the time but uses his wifes account..that he just got his own.

Finally, to be a nice guy, I agreed to sell it to him for 105.00 off of ebay. He paid and that was that. Then he messaged me yesterday asking for a tracking number..It dawned on me that I hadn't shipped it yet, I had somehow forgotten it because it obviously hadn't appeared in my list of completed auctions...just forgot about it. I apologized and said I would ship it today. He was fine with that.

Then I noticed his feedback percentage had changed from 100% to 75%...I was curious and checked it...He had just been left 4 negatives from the same buyer who had bought four auto patches from him and then he refused to send. One of the feedback comments said the money from that one was refunded but it didn't say that for the other 3. It said he kept giving a story about his paypal being hijcacked and security issues yada yada yada...Now I'm not sure I want to send him the card, even with tracking..Worried he will try to screw me.

Any ideas? I want to relist it and then refund his money but I don't have the money in paypal to refund until some people start paying me or I sell some more cards. I don't like to refund without having the funds there because then it doesn't complete for several days...Want to cut this guy loose and be done with it.

[Image: 2011-08-01_09-58-25_154.jpg]
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

RE: Potential issue? Help please..
Sounds like a private deal, "Finally, to be a nice guy, I agreed to sell it to him for 105.00 off of ebay. He paid and that was that." If ebay is not involved and you have his money whats the problem?

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

so... this guy payed you over $100 for a card and you are still sitting on it trying to figure out if he's honest? i dunno, i think i'd mail the man his card (with tracking just in case). if it was his idea to go outside of ebay for the transaction and he paid up front, then it seems like he is the one taking the risk.

If he sent it as a gift, there's no way for him to try and cheat you by filing a claim to get back the money after you've sent the card. This is the main reason eBay tells you to report it if someone tries to contact you outside their site to make deals. Sometimes it's legit, sometimes it's a scam.
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

(08-05-2011, 08:41 AM)22xpress Wrote: so... this guy payed you over $100 for a card and you are still sitting on it trying to figure out if he's honest? i dunno, i think i'd mail the man his card (with tracking just in case). if it was his idea to go outside of ebay for the transaction and he paid up front, then it seems like he is the one taking the risk.
Many scammers pay and then file claims...wouldn't be the first time it happened to me. And to be clear, I didn't say I was "sitting on it"...I said I forgot to mail it and was going to today and THEN saw that he was getting all these negatives. I sent it but I used signature confirmation instead of dc.

The buyer still paid with Paypal. So as long as you have a tracking number-- and I would use Signature Confirmation at this point-- Paypal will still back you up if he files a claim with them. Those who have sent stuff without tracking number he is screwing. I had a buyer that screwed me once and when I looked it up I saw that he had a lot of negative feedbacks for items not recieved. So I reported him and e eventually got botted off for fraud.

My concern now is that if he is telling other ebayers that his paypal account was hijacked so that he won't have to follow through with transactions, he may contact paypal after getting the card and say he didn't make the purchase, that it was fraud. As ceocards said in the baseball forum where I posted this, I can't take the chance. I have told him the transaction is off and that I am refunding his money.

if i was on your shoes i be weary, hopefully with the question they helped you on the board on what to do
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(08-05-2011, 09:22 AM)cmccart8 Wrote: My concern now is that if he is telling other ebayers that his paypal account was hijacked so that he won't have to follow through with transactions, he may contact paypal after getting the card and say he didn't make the purchase, that it was fraud. As ceocards said in the baseball forum where I posted this, I can't take the chance. I have told him the transaction is off and that I am refunding his money.
Actually this could come back to bite you on A**, but in my opinion do not send him the merchandise, as he wanted to do the transaction around ebay, so that there would be no record of the sale.

Think about it this Ebay is buyer friendly with their buyer protection, why on earth would anyone want to go around the buyer protection plan?

So here is what you do, contact Paypal Security, make sure you send them the links to the auctions where he claims his paypal-ebay account was hacked, explain to them what is taking place, and how he wanted the transaction to take place without using ebay, they will put a hold on that money, and lock the buyers account until they investigate.

At the same time, your probably going to be hit with a suspension for going around the ebay transaction center, to avoid the fee's,so make some kind of agreement with paypal to pay those transaction fee's ( a small amount of money, will save a lot of amount of hassles and time in dealing with ebay and paypal )

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35