`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2011 bowman platinum refractors
08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
2011 bowman platinum refractors
I just received in the mail a bryce harper 2011 bowman platinum refractor and it says nowhere on the back a refractor do they say it or was the one I was sold mislabeled?

Collecting Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Colt McCoy, Drew Brees, Tim Tebow, Sidney Crosby, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Matt Duchene, and Mike Modano

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/HockeyGuy81/library/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2011, 09:21 PM
RE: 2011 bowman platinum refractors
I can't even tell which one of those prospect cards are regular refractors. They ALL have that rainbow refractor look.

Collecting: Sam Bradford
-If You List Your Cards as Mint, Don't Bother Trading With Me.
-If You Have Less Than 20 Trades, I Ask That You Ship First.
[Image: stlbanner_zpsa32abf00.jpg]
08-04-2011, 09:23 PM
The base, purple, and x-fractors have no indication marked on them. I haven't seen the others but I assume that other than serial numbering on some of them there isn't any marking.
08-04-2011, 10:42 PM
None of the cards are labeled with refractor since every card is technically a refractor.
08-04-2011, 10:52 PM
That makes sense Thanks Guys

Collecting Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Colt McCoy, Drew Brees, Tim Tebow, Sidney Crosby, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Matt Duchene, and Mike Modano

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/HockeyGuy81/library/
08-05-2011, 09:34 PM
so i am looking in the guide and it says there is a subset of x-fractor which we know obviously then there is another listing for refractor and then the regular set...what is the difference bewtween refractor and the regular
08-06-2011, 12:07 AM
(08-05-2011 09:34 PM)rwgreen Wrote:  so i am looking in the guide and it says there is a subset of x-fractor which we know obviously then there is another listing for refractor and then the regular set...what is the difference bewtween refractor and the regular

I saw that too. It's a mistake on Beckett's part. The regulars are refractors.
08-06-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm confused as well. I just listed a bunch lastnight for trades. I noticed the refractor base are only .50-1.00 higher than the base so I made all the cards base. I couldn't tell either. I think they should make them. Now xfractor is easy;pulled 2 harpers. Smile

08-06-2011, 03:31 PM
thats what i figured...thanks
08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Gotta admit, I'm skeptical. Why would Beckett mess up on a whole list like that? I could see if one or two prospects have an accidental regular and refractor, but EVERY prospect has a regular and refractor listed (?) Even Harper has a regular and a refractor with the refractor being $5 more...

Dave J.

Collecting current and former Georgia Tech sports stars, Hank Aaron, Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, Ken Griffey Jr., and Albert Pujols