`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Lineage box break

2011 Topps Lineage box break
I bought a box yesterday at my LCS, came out just under 100 bucks after tax. First the box loader:
[Image: boxloader.jpg]
These are pretty darn cool. I was lucky enough to pull a relic. These might be the best part of the product other than the big autos. Next to base and Venezuelan:
[Image: lineagebase.jpg]
I love the checklist. I think its the best mix of past & present players in any set that I can remember. Every generation of players is well-represented, including the 90's who are being ignored as a whole because of that steroid thing...I'm not wild about the design. It might as well be next years basic Topps design. They didn't necessarily have to use a past design, but maybe a more retro feel. No gloss, definitely no foil names. I wish they would have put stats on the back. The card backs are like the Venezuelan, just in English (duh). Once again wish they would have gone retro with some stats. The mini relics I like better than normal dime-a-dozen relics. Next are the inserts:
[Image: lineageinserts.jpg]
Got a couple more rookies, they were 4 per box, others were 2 per box. I don't mind the rookies. I don't think Topps needs to ignore the overproduced cards of the 80's. I love the Cloth Stickers and 3D cards, and the Stand Ups are very cool. The Stand Ups look like an early hit on ebay. I like all the inserts, maybe down the road when they are cheap I will buy some complete sets.
[Image: lineagerefractors.jpg]
[Image: lineagediamond.jpg]
I think these are unnecessary, maybe just have the diamond but definitely not both. I think a gloss-free parallel might have been cool. I do like the mini parallel however:
[Image: lineageautos.jpg]
I would love to complete the mini set as well, maybe later on down the road. As far as the autos, the checklist is weak on the current players. But there are some really good veteran autographs on the checklist, so far only a Nolan Ryan redemption has appeared on ebay. But anyway, I love these 52 reprint autos. If I could afford it, I would absolutely complete the set. Not many big time players, but lots of good players that have been forgotten by many but still were good in their time. The Sievers is very nice. 1949 ROY, but how many remember him? He's the kind of player most of these 52 reprint autos seem to be, and I like it.

All in all I was happy with my box. I got a good auto and a relic box topper. I give the product a B+, and my box the same. Most everything is for sale or trade with a few exceptions that I'm selling (including the Cabrera box topper that's already gone, sorry!), also lots of base including most big name past players. PM or make an offer if you're interested. Lots of people are bashing this product but I give Topps kudos for doing something different, even if it is mostly just a retrospective of odd-ball stuff they've done before.

RE: 2011 Topps Lineage box break
So far the only problem ive seen is I have seen 2 boxes of these with 2 of the same auto's in them, hopefully not a common trend.

i really like these cards, I have always been a fan of the 1975 minis
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I could use that Ethier if and when you are ready to move it. Thanks!

Yep I'm willing to part with it. Sell or trade, pm me.

Please check me for the 1975 Mini's and The Jason Bay 75 Mini Jersey. Thanks and PLMK!

BigT
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

nice, the top loader relics are case hits

Interested in the Walker and the Morton auto. Please let me know if I have anything you can use. Thanks
.[Image: pittsburgh.jpg]

Wants: Pirates (Alvarez, McCutchen, Walker, Tabata), Pens (Crosby, Malkin, Lemi
eux, Fleury,) Steelers (Mendenhall, Wallace) any pittsburgh players pre 1988.

Those look really nice! I'll have to try a few packs.
[Image: YhZT2.png]

DO NOT TRADE: Richard Albers