`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Lineage = garbage

Topps Lineage = garbage
All the proof you need is to do an eBay search for "topps lineage auto*" and nearly every single auto is Jason Motte, Daniel Hudson, Brandon League, Charlie Morton, Ty Wigginton, Fernando Rodney, or John Buck. Those garbage players are your "hits"!! There's the occasional Bumgarner or Stanton, but 90% of them are the same bunch of 10 crap players. What a joke, glad i don't buy boxes. Yet another black eye for a company that apparently has a lot of eyes
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

RE: Topps Lineage = garbage
(08-04-2011, 03:13 PM)keyser soze Wrote: All the proof you need is to do an eBay search for "topps lineage auto*" and nearly every single auto is Jason Motte, Daniel Hudson, Brandon League, Charlie Morton, Ty Wigginton, Fernando Rodney, or John Buck. Those garbage players are your "hits"!! There's the occasional Bumgarner or Stanton, but 90% of them are the same bunch of 10 crap players. What a joke, glad i don't buy boxes. Yet another black eye for a company that apparently has a lot of eyes
+1
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

Well then don't buy it if you don't like it. A lot of people don't like certain products but you don't need to make a thread for every product you don't like
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

i dont get why it is so hard to get autos of good players for a mid range product. I mean think of the names longoria, braun, Jeter, Arod, lincecum, holliday, sabathia etc etc etc etc DO the star players just not sign for topps or what? I see having ok guys in the product like sandoval but a lot of these dudes are ok players. Honestly what is the deal where are the star autos is lincecum in any topps product with an auto? what bout Arod etc getting frustrated as well.

(08-04-2011, 03:53 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Well then don't buy it if you don't like it. A lot of people don't like certain products but you don't need to make a thread for every product you don't like
OR.... I can write any frikin thing I want and you can NOT tell me what to do. Don't like what I have to say? Then move your little self on down the road instead of opening them. It isn't like I lured you in here with some false premise thread title.
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(08-04-2011, 03:56 PM)youarebad Wrote: i dont get why it is so hard to get autos of good players for a mid range product. I mean think of the names longoria, braun, Jeter, Arod, lincecum, holliday, sabathia etc etc etc etc DO the star players just not sign for topps or what? I see having ok guys in the product like sandoval but a lot of these dudes are ok players. Honestly what is the deal where are the star autos is lincecum in any topps product with an auto? what bout Arod etc getting frustrated as well.

It's pretty simple. The "stars" are going to charge a lot more for autographs than the ones they get in these products. Topps has to pay the players to sign, and ARod is going to demand a lot more, or simply not sign. That price just gets added in to the price we pay for a product. Look at the price an ARod autograph goes for on ebay, and compare that to a Fernando Rodney. The price difference will get added to the cost. If the ARod autographs are rare, that price would get split among a lot of boxes, but then you'd never pull one anyway, so it won't make much of a difference.

Hits seem to drive the hobby, but they still need to hit reasonable price points for their products, or they wouldn't sell very many.

1. Look at a checklist. Stan Musial, Nolan Ryan, Yogi Berra, Joe Morgan, Duke Snider, Hank Aaron, Al Kaline, Sandy Koufax, John Smoltz, and quite a few '52 Topps reprint autographs that are very cool even if you don't pull a big name.

2. Very first ebay listings are usually mostly from retail because it always comes out first. So maybe retail odds on the reprint autographs are much tougher. In hobby packs there is one so-called "garbage player" and one reprint auto (on card) per box. You're not getting a Jason Motte and Charlie Morton in the same box.

3. Lets look at other products. Allen & Ginter: Many people opened 2 or 3 boxes without a single auto. Basic Topps: 90 bucks for a jumbo box gets you 1 auto, usually stickered "garbage," and rehashings of the same insert sets, slightly changed to make them appear different. Bowman: Prospects and rookies, 95 % of which are worth next to nothing 5 years later. Topps Chrome: Rookies. Gypsy Queen: 1 auto and you had to complain to Topps to get your other auto which according to everyone were "garbage." Heritage: what, like 1 or 2 autos per case? Lineage at least gets you 2 autos in a box. Not too many under 100 dollar boxes get you that.

4. Not everyone only cares about hits. If that's what you want, buy nothing but Triple Threads. Then you'll get hits every time. Some people collect baseball cards, rather than using cards to make money. How often do you get your money back on a box anyway? 25 percent of the time, if that? This product has some fun inserts, great past players in the checklist, and contrary to popular belief, some great autos. If you don't like it, don't buy it, but don't judge it just by what's on ebay the first day.

I think Daniel Hudson is better than Madison Bumgarner. Just not as popular. Right now, his cards are a bargain.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT DONT BUT IT, YOU DONT HAVE TO DISS IT, IF EVERY AUTO CARD A COMPANY PUT INTO PRODUCTION WAS OF A GOOD PLAYER THEY WOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE OF THE COST OF THEIR AUTOS, AND THEN PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT THERE BEING NOT ENOUGH YOUNG PLAYERS AUTOGRAPHS AND WHAT NOT, IF YOU THINK YOU ARE SO SMART WHY DONT YOU JUST GO MAKE YOUR OWN CARD COMPANY

I fail to see the reason for all the fighting popping up in almost every thread on here lately.

Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors