`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Anybody interested in a group BGS submission?

RE: Anybody interested in a group BGS submission?
I dont what to say. It seems beckett on all fronts has us controlled one way or another. I also dont see the problem with manny doing a group submission for august as giantfan said our next one is september. If something happened behind the scenes that im unaware of that is one thing but for all this back and forth to be going on is over the top. There is no need to get mad and personal over some stupid cards and submitting them to beckett. In fact this thread will get closed and group submissions will get banned and then all of us are screwed.

I also wanted to say that giantfan270 did one hell of a job with our last group submission. He told us about all the updates. He let us know exactly how things were going to go. He asked questions for us. He did more than he should have had to do to make all of those who participated happy. He also packaged the cards very securely and shipped promptly. He also paid for shipping cost upfront for us which was probably $250 just so we all could get our cards back asap. The dude is great and the submission was fun. If anyone has their doubts...THERE IS no need to.

Btw Ron, I already have at least 6 more ready for next month bud so lets get that baby rolling asap!!!

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(08-11-2011, 12:31 AM)giantfan270 Wrote: I did answer it Manny. I said it was their rule not mine. I'm just doing what they asked me to do. And BTW, BGS and beckett.com are the same company. If you don't see the correlation, I can't help you. BGS has all they say in the world in what goes on on this site in regards to group submissions. The more you say the more it becomes obvious your not well informed. And since you've decided to make this personal, let's let everyone know that you were not only the last person to get me their cards, but you were also the last person to get me paid. And if I remember correctly, I shipped you your order, and paid your $30 shipping charges, before you paid me......But I'm a bad guy for following the rules, go figure.
A real slap in the face........

That's what I was asked to do, I don't know what to say. Thank you for the positive statements though. I do appreciate them. I asked BGS to make a post or some sort of announcement on the site regarding the group submission rules. Maybe that will help folks from thinking it's me.
From XStream on another thread:

"BGS, while a Beckett Media product, does not generate revenue for the Organize, Trade Tools, Forum or Beckett.com in general. Neither does the Marketplace. They are in a sense, separate entities. Beckett.com gets it's money from Advertisements and OPGs. Beckett.com also has to spend money to outside sources to get data needed for images, checklists, and pricing information. Now, I'm not saying no revenue from other divisions don't help out Beckett.com at all, but it is not the bread and butter of Beckett.com. The magazine doesn't generate revenue for Beckett.com either to my knowledge, it's another separate entity."

Link:

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-143...ht=beckett

Obviously you are not well informed. Also, I apologize for being a tad tardy on both ends, but I do not have a set lunch break... and when I do go and eat I am in cammies and not allow out in town in cammies... So going to the Post Office then is nearly impossible... I also do not have a set time where I just "clock out". I leave work when the job is done or my superiors tell me its quiting time... I may work 16-14 hours a day... the minimum is 10... So I apologize.... but I did ship in within you cut off date and you did get reimbursed....

but I do agree that Beckett.com needs to put something in their TOS so that nobody else post about group submission and so you don't have to jump down their throats...
(08-11-2011, 12:47 AM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: I actually think that BGS is against group submissions. You are subverting their fee structure by gathering up your friends cards to add to your total, allowing you the cheapest rate, which is ethically questionable. However, we're silly if we think it doesn't happen on a regular basis...

There is no reason to doubt giantsfan's statements about what the rep said. On the other hand, I think Manny is doing what he believes is right as well.

It's hard not to get excited about $7 grading fees (even though those of us who did the last group submission know that isn't an accurate cost per card).

Manny, did you actually tell Roxanne that this was a group submission? That might have changed her stance on the situation. If you did, and she didn't seem to care, it sounds like the way most businesses are run: no one knows what in the hell anyone else has said or is doing and they all just go on about doing their "jobs."

If giantfan's rep does come back and say he's the only one "authorized" to do group submissions from the Beckett boards, then it's a whole different story from some of you, isn't it??
Yes ma'am i did.. here is what i did... I seen the monthly offer... I printed a form... I call the number on the form... and I said "I am a member on beckett.com and I was wondering if it would be ok to get a group of member to send me their cards in order to submit 100 cards for the August special?" she said yes that would be fine as long as there was one name on the form... we exchanged contact info so if I had any other question... Did I go thru the proper channels? I believe I have, although Roxanne might not have a high billet as Giants rep... another reason I am backing down

and giantsfan rep says he is the only one authorized... thats fine.... but again there should be a sticky so nobody else tries...

(08-11-2011, 01:22 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I dont what to say. It seems beckett on all fronts has us controlled one way or another. I also dont see the problem with manny doing a group submission for august as giantfan said our next one is september. If something happened behind the scenes that im unaware of that is one thing but for all this back and forth to be going on is over the top. There is no need to get mad and personal over some stupid cards and submitting them to beckett. In fact this thread will get closed and group submissions will get banned and then all of us are screwed.

I also wanted to say that giantfan270 did one hell of a job with our last group submission. He told us about all the updates. He let us know exactly how things were going to go. He asked questions for us. He did more than he should have had to do to make all of those who participated happy. He also packaged the cards very securely and shipped promptly. He also paid for shipping cost upfront for us which was probably $250 just so we all could get our cards back asap. The dude is great and the submission was fun. If anyone has their doubts...THERE IS no need to.

Btw Ron, I already have at least 6 more ready for next month bud so lets get that baby rolling asap!!!
Like I've said before.... I had 0 problems when we did the last group submission. he did a hell of a job...

[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

Here is my thoughts...If one person is going to be the "main guy" on the forum for the BGS group submissions, then that person needs to post in the Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey, etc threads and let people know instead of just staying in their own one forum. That's not fair to others who don't visit the football board or basketball board, etc.
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(08-11-2011, 03:26 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: Here is my thoughts...If one person is going to be the "main guy" on the forum for the BGS group submissions, then that person needs to post in the Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey, etc threads and let people know instead of just staying in their own one forum. That's not fair to others who don't visit the football board or basketball board, etc.
+1 I agree on this.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

(08-11-2011, 03:54 PM)leadmetogreatness Wrote: +1 I agree on this.
I also agree. I had intended on using the "BGS Grading" topic when it came time. Last one was my first time and was sort of a pilot run.

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(08-11-2011, 03:26 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: Here is my thoughts...If one person is going to be the "main guy" on the forum for the BGS group submissions, then that person needs to post in the Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey, etc threads and let people know instead of just staying in their own one forum. That's not fair to others who don't visit the football board or basketball board, etc.
+1
Prior to Manny starting this thread and Xtreme mentioning it, I had never heard of anyone doing this....thats why I jumped on Manny's offer because I have traded with him several times and trust him....now the offer is ruined....

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(08-12-2011, 12:59 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: +1
Prior to Manny starting this thread and Xtreme mentioning it, I had never heard of anyone doing this....thats why I jumped on Manny's offer because I have traded with him several times and trust him....now the offer is ruined....
It's not ruined, lol
I had intended on doing one in September all along. That's only about two weeks away. I just returned the cards from the last submission two weeks ago. I'll make sure all the forums know about it this time. Last time I wanted to keep it simple as it was my first time submitting for a group. If anything, you will now have someone to turn to if you have issues with your order. One of the guys involved in our last submission had a card damaged and if it wasn't for my rep, I don't think it would have even gotten a second look. Don't worry, it's all good. Just a couple more weeks.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

I know there was ALOT of bickering between myself and Giantfan270, but I just would like to say the service he provided was top notch.... with that being said he has a thread started in the BGS thread (link below). So do not be afraid to take the offer....

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1455423.html
[Image: SanFrancisco49ers750.jpg]
Joey Porter Collector

so submitting cards to beckett has become communist? we can only use one guy for group submissions? Im so confused on to why people feel their toes are being stepped on when there are most likely hundreds of people who are wanting to submit cards. And I don't think Beckett cares if one or twenty people are doing it, cause its all money in theur pocket. So get off the high horse and go watch one of the retarded Mannings throw a football.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]