(Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Removing tags
08-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Removing tags
A question and then a few bugs:

First, is there a way to remove tags from more than one card at a time?

Bug #1:
Search for cards. Remove a tag from one of the cards. Search is reset and it defaults to the pre-searched organize view.

Bug #2:
After the above, you cannot search again. Nothing happens when you click find, even though your search terms are there. Re-typing them does nothing. The only way around I've found is to reload organize page then search again.

Thanks,
Arik
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2011, 12:31 PM
RE: Removing tags
(08-03-2011 10:24 AM)aflorimonte Wrote:  A question and then a few bugs:

First, is there a way to remove tags from more than one card at a time?

First you need to have tags on all cards or none at all..

Quote:Bug #1:
Search for cards. Remove a tag from one of the cards. Search is reset and it defaults to the pre-searched organize view.

Bug #2:
After the above, you cannot search again. Nothing happens when you click find, even though your search terms are there. Re-typing them does nothing. The only way around I've found is to reload organize page then search again.

Thanks,
Arik

Bug #1 and #2 -Try loading a collection that doesn't have any cards in it first like recently added or recently traded... Then open the collection that you want to work with.

Ray

08-03-2011, 01:42 PM
(08-03-2011 12:31 PM)ktcardshop Wrote:  First you need to have tags on all cards or none at all..

Bug #1 and #2 -Try loading a collection that doesn't have any cards in it first like recently added or recently traded... Then open the collection that you want to work with.

Ray

Ray, thanks for replying, but I think my question must not have been clear.
Let me give an example of what I'm talking about. I have a collection called "2010 Topps", where I put every 2010 Topps card. I decide I want to remove all the inserts into their own collection. I can easily add them to a new collection, but it appears that in order to remove them from "2010 Topps", I need to click the"X" on the 2010 Topps tag for every card. I want to know if I can select a bunch of cards and remove them from "2010 Topps" all at once.

For the part about the bugs, I don't understand your response. I'm not talking about working with a collection; I'm talking about working with list of cards that results from a search. In my above example, let's say I searched for 2010 Topps Vintage Legends, I'd get 20 or so cards listed. If I click on the X to remove the "2010 Topps" tag from one of the cards, then my search results disappear, and I can't search again unless I reload the page. Try it!

Arik
08-03-2011, 02:12 PM
(08-03-2011 01:42 PM)aflorimonte Wrote:  Ray, thanks for replying, but I think my question must not have been clear.
Let me give an example of what I'm talking about. I have a collection called "2010 Topps", where I put every 2010 Topps card. I decide I want to remove all the inserts into their own collection. I can easily add them to a new collection, but it appears that in order to remove them from "2010 Topps", I need to click the"X" on the 2010 Topps tag for every card. I want to know if I can select a bunch of cards and remove them from "2010 Topps" all at once.

Easiest way I have found to do this is use the trash can. May not be the perfect solution, especially if you have cards with multiple tags. But in the example above, select all the cards you want to move out of your '2010 Topps' and into a new collection. Send them to Trash (be sure your Trash was empty first!). Then go to the trash can and instead of emptying the trash, move them all to your new collection.

Quote:For the part about the bugs, I don't understand your response. I'm not talking about working with a collection; I'm talking about working with list of cards that results from a search. In my above example, let's say I searched for 2010 Topps Vintage Legends, I'd get 20 or so cards listed. If I click on the X to remove the "2010 Topps" tag from one of the cards, then my search results disappear, and I can't search again unless I reload the page. Try it!

Arik

I too have experienced this. Again, best solution I can offer is to try to leave one word out of the search (or add a new word in) the second time you search. For example, if you searched for 2010 Jeter cards, found and did your thing with one card, then next time search for 2010 Derek Jeter...do it again, then go back to 2010 Jeter search. As long as you tweak the search terms slightly you won't have to refresh.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.
08-03-2011, 02:33 PM
(08-03-2011 02:12 PM)ceocards Wrote:  Easiest way I have found to do this is use the trash can. May not be the perfect solution, especially if you have cards with multiple tags. But in the example above, select all the cards you want to move out of your '2010 Topps' and into a new collection. Send them to Trash (be sure your Trash was empty first!). Then go to the trash can and instead of emptying the trash, move them all to your new collection.

I too have experienced this. Again, best solution I can offer is to try to leave one word out of the search (or add a new word in) the second time you search. For example, if you searched for 2010 Jeter cards, found and did your thing with one card, then next time search for 2010 Derek Jeter...do it again, then go back to 2010 Jeter search. As long as you tweak the search terms slightly you won't have to refresh.

My best advice for the second part, just enter a space after the last word, this always works for me with no issue.
08-03-2011, 06:01 PM
(08-03-2011 02:12 PM)ceocards Wrote:  Easiest way I have found to do this is use the trash can. May not be the perfect solution, especially if you have cards with multiple tags. But in the example above, select all the cards you want to move out of your '2010 Topps' and into a new collection. Send them to Trash (be sure your Trash was empty first!). Then go to the trash can and instead of emptying the trash, move them all to your new collection.

Thanks, this is a good workaround. I assume correcting this is low on the priority list and won't be fixed soon!

Arik
08-03-2011, 09:04 PM
(08-03-2011 06:01 PM)aflorimonte Wrote:  Thanks, this is a good workaround. I assume correcting this is low on the priority list and won't be fixed soon!

Arik

Actually if you start a special collection and move the cards into that collection the tags will change to that collection name and the original tags will remain the same. Then all you have to do is delete the collection and the tags will go away leaving the original collections intact.

Ray