`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ot: Eagles=Heat?

ot: Eagles=Heat?
Maybe its the Giants fan in me...but i hate the eagles even more now with their signing of Ronnie Brown. They remind me of the Miami Heat. And I am now counting down and hoping everyone beats them like everyone wanted the Heat to lose. I am sure i am not the only one feeling like this. I know the Eagles fans are excited, but i really hope they lose. If the giants dont beat em, I hope someone else does!! lol.

RE: ot: Eagles=Heat?
I have this crazy feeling as well. Everyone's dubbing them the dream team sort of like the Miami Heat. I know with the Heat team chemistry + talent got them 1 game shy of the big prize. The talent was obviously there and with only a handful of players team chemistry wasn't to difficult to build on.

The Eagles no doubt have talent, maybe deep enough that their 2nd stringers can play well against other teams. The one thing I have doubts about is their chemistry. Football is a complex sport and continuity is important for the flow of the team. With all the hype, pressure that's starting to build through the media how will they handle losing one game? Or even 2 consecutive games? Can Andy Reid be the glue that holds them together? Who's the real leader in the locker room? We all know DeSean is a diva but with all the other egos in the locker room will they implode? Are they just forcing puzzle pieces to fit?

They will be the #1 target in the NFC East now that they are loaded. Last year Michael Vick seemingly came out of no where so there was no expectations or added pressure. He's never worked with such an awesome cast of players with the exception of pro bowls. Will he be able to be the leader he needs to be with this talent laden team?

Kudos to the front office for their aggressiveness. My eyes get bigger each with each passing transaction the Eagles make. Reid IS going to be on the hot seat if this doesn't work and I don't expect him to be back if they don't get to the playoffs. Even if they win the big one, I see this team kind of like the Florida Marlins in 1997 where they won the World Series but lost pretty much all their star players the following year. So this is definitely a make or break season for them.

On a side note, I do like the VY signing. I think it's smart. I didn't say it will work out, but to have a younger type Vick as your backup who's capable of stepping in without there being a drop in talent is pure genius. Not only that, but if they don't sign Vick next year b/c of age or injury, VY could be their future in Philly. Also, I wonder if they're going to employ the wildcat formation with those 2. THAT would be fun to watch.

The thing is, the Eagles big signings were on defense. They don't have to worry about sharing the ball

(08-03-2011, 10:19 AM)jkiddlridnour Wrote: The thing is, the Eagles big signings were on defense. They don't have to worry about sharing the ball
Team chemistry is important in defense as well. Along the defensive line they have to be cohesive as a unit and know what their assignments are which goes the same for the linebackers and defensive backs. Communication is key b/c if it's not there then they'll start blaming each other when someone scores a TD. Is there talent enough to get them by? I don't think so.
[Image: Kolb4.jpg]

The Eagles are an NFL team???
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

The Eagles are more like the Yankees. Picking up all the "top" FAs and paying nicely for them. They need to D. Jackson before he goes running his mouth. This team will implode!

As John Clayton put it, the Eagles are NOT like the Heat. They're not going around talking trash, making a debacle, saying they're going to win not 1, not 2, not 6, not 7 championships. They're not holding themselves higher than everyone and making claims. Its just that players feel the Eagles right now are their best chance at getting to a Championship.
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

Didn't Dan Snyder try to do the same thing with the Redskins? I'm pretty sure that one didn't work out too well, either.
[Image: steelers.jpg]

well jason babin said the eagles are the miami heat of the nfl and we all know how that panned out and vince young decided to dub them "dream team" so yea the players for the eagles are talking trash. im from pa and i hate the eagles i cant wait to see them fail once again!!!!
[Image: 864_bucs-josh-freeman-42709-1.jpg]

I don't think they're anything like the Heat. Aso didn't hold a 1-hour special announcing he was "Taking his talents to Philadelphia". They didn't hold a hype show where DRC or Aso said they were gonna win "not 5, not 6, not 7" championships. Sure, there were a couple of comments made by Babin and VY, but they're backups and their comments will fall on deaf ears when the real games begin. This is a completely different situation. They probably have more haters now, like the Heat. But I don't think the hate will be as strong as it was for LeBron and the Heat as it will be for Aso and the Eagles.