IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Underrated Player(s) in the Hobby

RE: Most Underrated Player(s) in the Hobby
(08-03-2011, 01:03 AM)daytonator Wrote: Ed Reed
Ray Lewis
Both of those guys usually command a premium for their stuff.

(08-03-2011, 12:55 AM)evolb909 Wrote: Hopefully this thread hasn't been done a thousand times already!

Some players in the hobby just don't seem to get the hobby love they deserve. ($bv/$sv-wise) Some of these guys are currently the best at their respective position and some are Hall of Famers. I could list a few right off the bat but I want to hear other peoples' opinions.

I'll start off with an obvious one. Jerry Rice. The guy is hands down, no question about it, the greatest ever at his position by a pretty large margain. Yet his cards are valued more like a semi-stars as opposed to the greatest of all time. For instance say Brett Favre has a card in an insert set valued at $15. Rice's card in the same insert set is like $3. Just seems strange to me.

There are many others, who do you guys/gals think is undervalued in the hobby?
I've always thought that his years with the Raiders and the Seahawk fiasco really put the squeeze on his card values.

Our son Derrick, 3 years and counting Medulloblastoma survivor....
[Image: blackandwhite2-1.jpg]
Trade Pail

any of the TE's... past and present... Ditka, Berry, Winslow Sr., Shannon Sharpe, Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, Gates..... the list could go on, but there is no hobby love for this position.
Looking for Hines Ward rookies (that I do not have), low numbered parallels and autos. Also, Bowman Chrome Baseball autos.
I normally send trades on Tuesday's and/or Friday's due to work.

http://s244.photobucket.com/user/nynkefan7/library/?sort=6&page=1

darrelle revis
greg jennings
priest holmes
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

I say Chris Carter
Wants Drew Brees everything
Second colliction Gabbert and all 2011 quarterbacks
[Image: ridley_brees.jpg]
http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k559/rshcard86/
my site
http://rshcard86.weebly.com/

I agree with the TE comment. Tight ends get no love. (That sounded way more innocent in my head.)

Anyway, I also agree with Schaub and Andre Johnson. I love the off season moves by the Texans though, so hopefully they will go up when the Texans start winning! On the other hand, 90% of Andre Johnson autos on the bay are $100+ at any time, although I think most of that is there just aren't as many out there as other stars.

Lol everyone is saying their favorite players Big Grin
Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

dwayne bowe i would say

(08-03-2011, 12:04 PM)dabears 1985 Wrote: Lol everyone is saying their favorite players Big Grin

You have to agree with Andre Johnson though! He is the best WR in the NFL, but valued like a semi-star. In addition to the Texans being so bad for so long, I think part of the reason is that he is just so quiet. After he dislocated his index finger the other day, he was shocked by the national attention it got and his direct quote was "it's only a finger". LOL, I love that guy.

For baseball- I have to go with Verlander, even though I can't stand him.

You also have to Consider the amount of autos memrobilia and defensive players are generally less than offensive players.