`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1987 Topps Bubblegum cards

1987 Topps Bubblegum cards
so I bought a box of 1987 topps bubblegum cards, knowing 87 is real over printed and this box at $10 ($10 is not going to break me) and was wondering if I should have the honor of having fun and breaking it, just see what cards I get or if there is potential money in leaving this box unopened?

RE: 1987 Topps Bubblegum cards
I heard there are some future stars in that year. There are no parallels so everyone will be clamoring over the regular issue prospects. I hear Mark McGwire is a beast, Mike Greenwell is the next Ted Williams, Rafael Palmeiro, Ruben Sierra and so many others. Barry Bonds has the bloodline to be a great hitter also.

i would open it and sale off the rookies, you may get your money back...lol

(08-02-2011, 10:48 PM)jumpman23com Wrote: I heard there are some future stars in that year. There are no parallels so everyone will be clamoring over the regular issue prospects. I hear Mark McGwire is a beast, Mike Greenwell is the next Ted Williams, Rafael Palmeiro, Ruben Sierra and so many others. Barry Bonds has the bloodline to be a great hitter also.
love it
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(08-02-2011, 10:48 PM)jumpman23com Wrote: I heard there are some future stars in that year. There are no parallels so everyone will be clamoring over the regular issue prospects. I hear Mark McGwire is a beast, Mike Greenwell is the next Ted Williams, Rafael Palmeiro, Ruben Sierra and so many others. Barry Bonds has the bloodline to be a great hitter also.
Nice Smile
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

I would open some of the packs for sheer enjoyment and nostalgia. If your willing to get rid of any mets cards from that break, let me know lol
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I could use any of the Clark RC's, I only have 42
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(08-03-2011, 06:28 AM)muz0 Wrote: I would open some of the packs for sheer enjoyment and nostalgia. If your willing to get rid of any mets cards from that break, let me know lol
Last week I opened 2 boxes of 1989 Donruss that I had found in a closet. Completely forgot they were there. Pulled 1 Griffey, 1 Johnson and couldn't complete the set - out of 2 boxes. Was also 5 cards shy of the MVP set. Real bummer.

Kept the Griffiey, Johnson, Schilling and Biggio and threw everything else into one of my many USPS large flate rate boxes of commons that will go in my shed until further notice.

But, real fun to open and take a look at all the "rated rookies" that they thought would make it big, but never panned out. I did pull 7 cards apiece of 2 of the rookies that were supposed to make it big, but were selling insurance or cars 2 years later.

I have seen pictures of McGwire and Bonds...too skinny to be great power hitters.

[Image: bondsrc.jpg]
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Its all about George Bell.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.