`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT,...Fantasy Baseball Advice...Keepers?

RE: OT,...Fantasy Baseball Advice...Keepers?
Did you already accept the deal? You just gave up two young aces for a very good older pitcher. If you were going to make a move for Kemp, you probably should have tried to include Pineda and/or Greinke in that deal.
Those player raters are sneaky. I try to avoid them in keeper leagues. For example, Jacoby Ellsbury is currently the #2 rated outfielder in ESPN rankings. Does that make him a better keeper than Ryan Braun (4), Justin Upton (5), Mike Stanton (22), or the long-term value of Jason Heyward (82)? It all depends if you are in "win now" mode or waiting to build a future contender.
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends

(08-03-2011, 09:50 PM)rpspenner Wrote: Did you already accept the deal? You just gave up two young aces for a very good older pitcher. If you were going to make a move for Kemp, you probably should have tried to include Pineda and/or Greinke in that deal.
Those player raters are sneaky. I try to avoid them in keeper leagues. For example, Jacoby Ellsbury is currently the #2 rated outfielder in ESPN rankings. Does that make him a better keeper than Ryan Braun (4), Justin Upton (5), Mike Stanton (22), or the long-term value of Jason Heyward (82)? It all depends if you are in "win now" mode or waiting to build a future contender.
Lee would be the best pitcher on about 25 teams including Milwaukee and Seattle. I ned Era and Whip and he is better than both those guys in those categories. As I said, I couldn't keep them both anyway and Lee is better than both of them. I know what your saying about the player rater and was also surprised when I checked earlier today and saw Jacoby at number 2. However, it is the best indication of fantasy value, especially with pitching which is less skewed by lucky hot streaks than offense. Lee is currently the 10th ranked starter in baseball....while Pineda has been very suspect lately.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

(08-03-2011, 10:12 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: Lee would be the best pitcher on about 25 teams including Milwaukee and Seattle. I ned Era and Whip and he is better than both those guys in those categories. As I said, I couldn't keep them both anyway and Lee is better than both of them. I know what your saying about the player rater and was also surprised when I checked earlier today and saw Jacoby at number 2. However, it is the best indication of fantasy value, especially with pitching which is less skewed by lucky hot streaks than offense. Lee is currently the 10th ranked starter in baseball....while Pineda has been very suspect lately.
I agree Lee has been MUCH better this season .I would take Lee over Greinke, but thinking years down the line, Pineda would be my choice. I think this is why I love fantasy baseball and keeper leagues in particular. There's really no "right" answer, and everyone has their own strategy. Good luck down the stretch!
[Image: 3XHoG.png][Image: untitled.png]
Collecting:Andrew McCutchen, Duke Snider & Brooklyn Dodgers
I ship on weekends