`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
1997 score RESERVE collection...rare?

RE: 1997 score RESERVE collection...rare?
(03-21-2014, 10:41 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: I opened 2-3 boxes of the series 2. They were the hobby boxes. Like jumbo packs. every card had the HR prefix.
just to clarify, you had boxes of score series 2 or score hobby reserve series 2? I only ask because I have seen both versions. The packs i recently opened were hobby reserve, I would have thought those would have had the HR prefix.
Perhaps base cards with HR came in jumbos only? This product will be the death of me...I do realize how sad that is.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

This set I by far the most confusing I've ever come across, between scores screw up at time of printing and every checklist saying something different it's no wonder. This is what I've come up with.

- premium stock is a series 1 parallel ONLY ( grey border on front )
- hobby reserve is a series II parallel ONLY ( has the HR before the card number on back / hobby reserve foil on the front )
- score did pack what they called " premium stock " in series II however the cards are white bordered not grey and instead of the premium stock foil on the front they have the same hobby reserve foil. The way to tell these cards apart from the hobby reserve is they DONT have the HR before the card number on back.
- reserve collection cards were a series II only release they have a foil coating on the front and look similar to the showcase series however they do not say showcase series diagonally across the back of the cards. The card numbers parallel series II base set numbers. ( these cards in my experience are the hardest to find)
- both showcase series and showcase series artists proof cards are both series 1 and II parallel cards ( so if the player changed teams mid season and have both series 1and series 11 cards then they will also have two of each of these cards.

With all that said I hope I clarified things for someone, because I know it took me way too long and too many headaches to figure out. One last thing is I need a Eric Davis reserve collection card number 356 orioles card and also a # 356 showcase series orioles card. I have a wide selection of very nice / rare cards of just about any player that I'm willing to trade or if cash works better just name a price. Thanks

Corey

Weird that a customer recently came in with a Jeter reserve collection & asked me about it. He showed me this thread and I chuckled because the original poster of this thread was me.

And now, days later it comes up again.

This insert set needs MAJOR price updating!

Any way, the will clark just sold for $400 yet books for les than a double cheese burger meal at McDonald's.

If anyone is looking for an actual hobby reserve paralell let me know. I found a complete set of hobby reserve that I bought just so I could get the Wakefield.

Will Clark reserve collection for 4 bills is nuts! Although if I was in a bidding war for the Wakefield Im not sure where Id put my ceiling since I havent seen one anywhere.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

1997 Score Premium Stock is a premium parallel to 1997 Score Series 1. 1997 Score Hobby Reserve is a premium parallel to 1997 Score Series 2. The Score Hobby Reserve cards can be found with or without the HR prefix depending upon whether they were pulled from retail or hobby packs. So basically cards with and without the HR prefix are the SAME thing - base cards of Score Hobby Reserve. No real difference between the two.

Score Reserve Collection are the parallel inserts in the Hobby Reserve product. They have silver foil front background and are VERY hard to find. They were only inserted into hobby packs, hence they also have the HR prefix.

Just getting in on the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve discussion. I've had a Griffey Jr. Goin' Yard 3D etched foil card for years & went to auction it yesterday & discovered its' rarity. Can anyone tell me what this card is selling for right now?

Yeah, these are mega tough to find. I was able to land my Canseco a while back, and was mega pumped about it. It is one of my favorites!

[Image: 052374.jpg]
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict