`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Maybe its just me.

RE: Maybe its just me.
I understand the wives. Why not just spend the money on what you want instead of gambling.
Busting packs IS fun
[Image: dontpray11.png]

I'm starting to feel like most of the offers I get are just someone (basically unknown) throwing crap up against a wall to see what sticks.....

.....and I am really turned off by people Begging for Dollars and Cards...
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

(08-01-2011, 04:54 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: There are a ton of Jeter guys looking for base all the time. Maybe it is not the cards your unloading but what you are asking for.
If you know em send em my way...And if you read my post you'll see I'm trying unload at a 1.5-2 in their favor margin...I just dont get any offers for them period...And if someone wants Maddox, Nomar, Sosa, Bonds, A-Rod, Ichiro, whoever, let me know b/c I have so many I just want to get them moved very reasonably

If I am trading something it means I want to move it, don't want it, would rather have something else that fits my collection - so I don't have hang ups on GU or AUTO for auto if a person has something I would rather have. I make my trading decisions on whether or not I would be willing to pay the shipping price for sending out the cards, for the cards I am getting in return, not off of book value of what I am trading away. (Neftali Feliz and Bj Upton GU 2011 Ginter for trade if anyone interested..lol)

(08-01-2011, 08:18 PM)jmc316 Wrote: If you know em send em my way...And if you read my post you'll see I'm trying unload at a 1.5-2 in their favor margin...I just dont get any offers for them period...And if someone wants Maddox, Nomar, Sosa, Bonds, A-Rod, Ichiro, whoever, let me know b/c I have so many I just want to get them moved very reasonably
This surprises me cause I have had good luck moving my Jeter, Ichiro, Griffey, and Hamilton base and low-end cards.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Even value or not there are quite a few people who seem to be offended if you try to trade a $20 refractor for a $20 auto, etc. I have to laugh because BV is BV. You're not gonna get more than what the card is worth unless it's a card someone really HAS to have. Not to mention the fact that you can go on the bay and get pretty much anything you want for 50% or less of BV.

I think it's mostly the younger traders on here. They think a $10-$20 Auto or GU is a piece of gold. With the overproduction that has taken place the past 10 years I see Auto's and GU no different than any other insert. Jmo.