`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and In over my head

New and In over my head
HI every one, I am in need of help, I collected cards when i was little, and was forced to move around alot, and gave up collecting for long time, After finding a small book of cards i decided to get back into it. This is where i got in over my head, My mother in law had a collection from her brother and found out that i had cards. ( a whole 25 at the time) so she gives me all his collection. so now i have close to 9000 cards and am overwhelmed so here is my questions

Most of the cards are lose but i have two unopened box's early mid 80's and one open box the wax packs with gum in them... should i open the packs or are they worth more in the packs in the box,

The cards that Becket say is worth higher price. ive put them in the hard cases to protect them, and the Mid ranged cards in the flex dividers and in binders, how do you display your cards in the hard cases or do you guys or gals display them.

Thanks any advise i would greatly appreciate

RE: New and In over my head
what are the boxes? I'd just open them and pick out the good RC's cause that's about all you'll find. late 80's and early 90's i'd do the same and give the rest away. puckett, mattingly Rc's are pretty sought after here. i'd be game for a puckett.
no org, please do not send trade requests

Yeah tell us the years and we'll let you know what to look for in said boxes. Oh and uhh don;t eat the gum unless you want to gag haha
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

1986, 87, 88 Topps..1989, 91 Donruss

91 donruss you can go ahead and burn.

dont' eat the gum! lol.. i bought one of those packs a while back and without thinking opened the pack and threw the gum in my mouth.. it dissolved to powder instantly after hitting my tongue and was chalky tasting.. good times
no org, please do not send trade requests

Lol ya i have no desire to eat the gum.. but thanks for the heads up

I've eaten the gum from 1987 Topps...it didn't really taste like anything
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-31-2011, 10:13 PM)chancegrayl Wrote: 1986, 87, 88 Topps..1989, 91 Donruss
Take out all of the Mark Mcgwire and Barry Bonds in the 87 Topps and burn the rest. Start with the 91 donruss unless you see an ELITE card!

sorry to hear someone dumped their junk off on you versus just throwing it away themselves.. don't worry about being overwhelmed cause there isn't anything close to valuable in those years and sets. if you live in a cold climate you just inherited some free firestarter!