`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One of the few times I'm glad a seller turned down an offer...

RE: One of the few times I'm glad a seller turned down an offer...
If it were me, I would tell him I was sorry to hear that and that he shouldn't be selling stolen goods. Then I would direct him to where he could purchase the same set as a replacement if he wanted to.

I don't trust anyone on the internet.

Congrads and the nameplate is looking good!

(08-01-2011, 05:52 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: I just got a message from a seller telling me that he needs a 1978 topps set that I purchased from him returned... He says that a guy came in looking for some stolen goods and that set was one of them... I'm not too sure how to respond.
I would not return it. You've already completed the transaction and since the item is in your hands that is your property. Now that it's yours you could do whatever you want with it. (Keep it, return it, Sell it double what you bought it for, etc) Besides, I don't see how any of those claims can be proven.
[Image: Kolb4.jpg]

I'd wait. If the card is stolen and the person wants it back bad enough you will eventually hear from the police. Like someone said, people on the internet are untrustworthy so I would wait to hear from someone you can trust; like a police department rep.

Just respond back that you've already sold the set.