`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plax to the JETS = :)

RE: Plax to the JETS = :)
I gotta say I would have dine the same. I know he may have made the money on incentives but if he gets hurt in game one and is out for the season then he makes the minimum I know for one I would have done the same and I'm sure most if not all of you would have. Besides as Mel said the coach didn't want him back and if the coach doesn't want you on his team your just asking for trouble by going back ask anyone who ever played for Tony Larussa. Much better to be where your wanted not to mention get garuanteed paycheck.
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(07-31-2011, 11:50 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: Why does it seem like no team has even had any interest in Steve Smith (Giants)? I haven't heard one word about him talking to anyone. He hasn't tweeted forever either and that guy tweets everything that comes to his mind.
He injured right now. I think that's gotta be it.

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

How many games he expected to miss at the start of the season do you know?
[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

By the sound of things we had a choice of Plax or Randy Moss. Braylon Edwards wanted too much money which would have made resigning Cromartie at Cornerback difficult.

I am happy we signed Plaxico Burress. He'll be a much better influence around the team. And it's his chance to show defensive secondaries what they have missed. Like Michael Vick, it's a fresh start and a second chance. Why not give him a shot on a one year contract?!!

(07-31-2011, 12:02 PM)ejnfl24 Wrote: You can't blame the guy for taking the guaranteed $3Mill instead of $3M "if" you reach certain incentive-based tiers in your contract. We'd all take the sure thing! As for the fit, I'm not sure if he really "fits" anyone's offense anymore. I know the adage "you can't teach size", and he has size. But to be an NFL receiver you need more than just size or else everyone would be out there signing Yao Ming and Shaq! Smile

I'm not knocking the guy for taking the deal, at 34 it's a smart move. I'm just saying he should have played it a little different all along and said "I'm looking for the best deal" instead of saying, "I want to be a Giant or Steeler". When you say things like that, people think your sincere. He could have been a Giant if he REALLY wanted to. I don't think Coughlin had anything to do with the decision. He made the safe move but the Jets need him and I think he will definetly add to the offense big time. I bet ya he doesn't miss a beat. I'll let ya know after Giants / Jets preseason game.....
(07-31-2011, 12:55 PM)deuce6000 Wrote: How many games he expected to miss at the start of the season do you know?
who knows? He's not at camp. I think he is re-habing the knee.

Newark Star-Ledger:
Smith could be headed for PUP list: The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the Giants are expected to bring back free agent WR Steve Smith, but he could open the season on the PUP list following offseason microfracture surgery. In May, Pro Football Weekly also indicated Smith could open the season on the PUP list as well.

NY Times:
Free agent receiver Steve Smith has yet to re-sign and is still recovering from microfracture surgery. Smith has long been expected to re-sign but there’s no guarantee he will be ready at the start of the season and even if he is, how long will it take for him to get back to top form this season?

Ramses Barden (ankle) has already started camp on the PUP list.

They still have Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham and have depth with third-round pick Jerrel Jernigan, Domenik Hixon, Victor Cruz and Devin Thomas among others.

2012 Beckett "Super Collector"