`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Nice mail day and cool RC card(s) find

RE: Nice mail day and cool RC card(s) find
What is the story or set on the Bill Burke? I have never seen a card like that.

Nice pickups
[Image: stuckeybcMS1.jpg]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Burke (as well as Lavar Arrington) were never meant to make it into packs so the company stamped them with some racing logo in order for them to be pulled from production.. A few slipped through however (unknown how many).

(07-30-2011, 06:45 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: Very nice stash you pulled out! Love sifting through old cards and finding stuff I never even knew I had.. Btw, is that Joe Haden signed with pen?
Had a good time and found a TON of early inserts.
Looks like the Haden was nearing the end of the ink for that one.
(07-30-2011, 07:13 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Burke (as well as Lavar Arrington) were never meant to make it into packs so the company stamped them with some racing logo in order for them to be pulled from production.. A few slipped through however (unknown how many).
You are correct krazy. I pulled this one back in 2000 and the were not suppose to be in production. Think Burke had planned on going back for another year. I just have 0 clue who he is.
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]

Love the stash of Brady's you've been hiding!! Wink

Great red ink addition too!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(07-30-2011, 07:38 PM)mik253 Wrote: You are correct krazy. I pulled this one back in 2000 and the were not suppose to be in production. Think Burke had planned on going back for another year. I just have 0 clue who he is.
Very interesting. I remember Burke from his time at MSU, so seeing a card of him surprised me some.

[Image: stuckeybcMS1.jpg]

Wow! Nice finds!

(07-30-2011, 07:59 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Love the stash of Brady's you've been hiding!! Wink

Great red ink addition too!
Didn't realize just how many I had horded so many..lol
Really like the fact that I have the Pacific error and base together.

Love the red ink. Big Grin
(07-30-2011, 08:20 PM)brad the stuckey guy Wrote: Very interesting. I remember Burke from his time at MSU, so seeing a card of him surprised me some.
I think when I pulled that one, there was 0 info for awhile then I just stored it away.

(07-30-2011, 09:43 PM)gangstippie Wrote: Wow! Nice finds!
Thanks Gang.
[Image: Mic_SPA_Banner1.jpg]