`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOF case suggestions needed

HOF case suggestions needed
Looking to spend around $1,200.00 for a case of HOF product. Prefer auto heavy rather than jersey. Need to stay away from redemptions. So far I like 1999 Sports Illustrated (does this product have redemptions?), 2005 Donruss Champions and (cannot find cases of) 2005 and 2006 Topps Retired. I have purchased all the above before an really like the encased product in the Topps Retired. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

RE: HOF case suggestions needed
Before you do this, why don't you create a List on eBay and fill it up with some "sick" Hall of Fame cards.

When you get to $1200 stop and take a good, hard look.

Then ask yourself what the chances are of getting even 1/4 of the cards on your list out of any product you buy.

I'm just saying...

You know I have never done that before, always purchased wax. Since the suggestions are few and far between I think I will take your advice. I enjoy the pack rip but your point cannot be argued with. Thanks for your input and swaying my decision towards a better one.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

greats of the game sets are always nice only downside is possible upper deck redemptions

(07-30-2011, 08:51 PM)bigguy219 Wrote: Before you do this, why don't you create a List on eBay and fill it up with some "sick" Hall of Fame cards.

When you get to $1200 stop and take a good, hard look.

Then ask yourself what the chances are of getting even 1/4 of the cards on your list out of any product you buy.

I'm just saying...
I second this statement....

Most of the high end products today aren't worth the risk...Can easily pick up some amazing hall of fame autos for $1200 on Ebay..
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

I see your guys' points but buying single cards just isn't very much fun compared to busting wax
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-31-2011, 12:24 AM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: I see your guys' points but buying single cards just isn't very much fun compared to busting wax
I got back into collecting 3 years ago. Busted LOTS of wax. High end stuff too along with the low end. The disapointment outweighed the fun. I havent busted any wax in a year and have so many better cards to show for it. I cringe when i think of the amount of money i could have put towards some amazing cards. Just my opinion though....to each his own. You have fun busting....then bust em Smile
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/