`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else notice Peyton RCs BVs?

Anyone else notice Peyton RCs BVs?
Has anyone else noticed that Peyton Manning RCs, graded that is, are plummeting like no other? I have one that is now only worth 1/2 the BV as two months ago.

RE: Anyone else notice Peyton RCs BVs?
Season hasn't started yet! Wanna sell it? =)
Collecting Falcons, 3 Color or More Patches!
--- 2011 Rookies and Stars Materials Black Prime Longevity 053 out of 106 found. HELP!
[Image: StevenJacksonFalconsSmall.jpg]

http://s626.photobucket.com/user/JHnGA09/library

Prob from the lockout decreasing prices, wonder if this happened to Brady's Rcs too?

Probably due to the neck injury.
[Image: Kolb4.jpg]

Are the ungraded ones plummeting as well? If not- then I would assume it is because there have been a whole bunch more that were graded out pretty high.

For instance- let's assume BV on a one card is $50, and it is $300 for a 9.5, which is 1% of the cards graded in my fictional made up scenario. If 1000 more get sent in and they are all 9.5's, the graded price is going to fall hard because they are a LOT more common than previously thought.

(07-29-2011, 05:19 AM)jheringa09 Wrote: Season hasn't started yet! Wanna sell it? =)
I might
(07-29-2011, 09:32 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Are the ungraded ones plummeting as well? If not- then I would assume it is because there have been a whole bunch more that were graded out pretty high.

For instance- let's assume BV on a one card is $50, and it is $300 for a 9.5, which is 1% of the cards graded in my fictional made up scenario. If 1000 more get sent in and they are all 9.5's, the graded price is going to fall hard because they are a LOT more common than previously thought. K
Sounds like my college econ class...supply and demand

neck surgery got people worried i guess
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

(07-29-2011, 10:52 AM)mattfastiggi Wrote: neck surgery got people worried i guess
Its not his first one.... besides, if he retires then the faster to Canton he will go.

mannings rookie cards have always been low BV in my opinion
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.

(07-29-2011, 11:48 AM)jfrench91 Wrote: mannings rookie cards have always been low BV in my opinion
I think so too, but if you look at Favre and Brady, I think it has to do something with the # of SB rings. Not that the Favre RCs are doing to well either.

However, I am thinking that the pricing has to deal with supply and demand.

I have the 1998 Black Diamond Rookies Peyton Manning, BGS 9.5, 1998 Bowman Chrome Interstate, BGS 9.5, and now the 1998 Bowman Interstate, BGS 9.5. I bought the Black Diamond for $80 (when it was over $200 BV), the Bowman Chrome Interstate for $77 (when it was near a couple of Andrew Jackson's BV), and now the regular Bowman Interstate for $31 (which is still BVing pretty high considering I paid less than 25% BV for it.)

My ultimate goal is to buy two a month, either BGS 9.5/10, PSA 10, or maybe SGC 98s/100s.
(07-29-2011, 04:20 PM)usafshelland Wrote: I think so too, but if you look at Favre and Brady, I think it has to do something with the # of SB rings. Not that the Favre RCs are doing to well either.

However, I am thinking that the pricing has to deal with supply and demand.

I have the 1998 Black Diamond Rookies Peyton Manning, BGS 9.5, 1998 Bowman Chrome Interstate, BGS 9.5, and now the 1998 Bowman Interstate, BGS 9.5. I bought the Black Diamond for $80 (when it was over $200 BV), the Bowman Chrome Interstate for $77 (when it was near a couple of Andrew Jackson's BV), and now the regular Bowman Interstate for $31 (which is still BVing pretty high considering I paid less than 25% BV for it.)

My ultimate goal is to buy two a month, either BGS 9.5/10, PSA 10, or maybe SGC 98s/100s.
It must be a football thing or seasonal thing... the 1984 Topps Dan Marino RC BGS 9.5 just dropped $400 in BV! Holy smokes!