`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So My Astros are awful.....

RE: So My Astros are awful.....
I wouldn't say Wandy is a #5 pitcher. He may not be an Ace or #2 but he could compete with most teams #3 or 4 pitcher. Yea Ausmus was a great catcher but he wasn't that great on offense and once Jason Castro gets back from injury next year we should be at least "ok" in that department.

I agree it's hard watching them and I hope Crane does a good job with the franchise but you never know. McClane wasn't the worst owner, afterall the great teams of the 90's and mid-2000's were under his watch. We need a really good GM and that will help set up the future.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

You know seven years ago when I moved from Houston to Dallas I was really ticked when the MLB package would black out all Astros games.

Nowadays I wish Cuban would have bought the Stros. It sucks to see no loyalty from the ownership back to the fans. Pence and Lee are the only names the club has and unfortunately Lee's a worn down steer. Once they shipped Berkman and Oswalt last season I was done. And it is kinda of hard winning the consolation prize of getting the #1 draft pick next season. Baseball draft picks normally don't follow the same rate of success asother major sports leagues. And especially based on their scouting experts last several attempts, I'm not that positive things will get better anytime soon.

I hear they are talking with the D-Backs on a trade for Wandy.

(07-28-2011, 04:33 PM)thj0011 Wrote: I wouldn't say Wandy is a #5 pitcher. He may not be an Ace or #2 but he could compete with most teams #3 or 4 pitcher. Yea Ausmus was a great catcher but he wasn't that great on offense and once Jason Castro gets back from injury next year we should be at least "ok" in that department.

I agree it's hard watching them and I hope Crane does a good job with the franchise but you never know. McClane wasn't the worst owner, afterall the great teams of the 90's and mid-2000's were under his watch. We need a really good GM and that will help set up the future.
[Image: 98AtomicRefractor.jpg]

“Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that
is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.”

Author unknown

(07-28-2011, 07:31 PM)srruss Wrote: I hear they are talking with the D-Backs on a trade for Wandy.
Anything to get younger sounds good to me. Wandy would help out the D-Backs I'm sure.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index