`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You have $500 to spend at a card show...

You have $500 to spend at a card show...
You win $500 from the show's promoter, but you can only spend it at the card show. What do you spend it on? Vintage, Autos, Packs, 25 cent cards, one $500 card, jerseys, etc...

How would you spend that $500?

RE: You have $500 to spend at a card show...
Just getting back into the hobby there is a 6y year period where I have pretty much nothing. I would probably spend it at $1/.50 boxes trying to fill my O's needs from 2004-2010

Would love to pick up an Eddie Murray auto as well.
Joe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collecting Cal Ripken, Eddie Murray, Manny Machado and any other nice Orioles.

1910 T206
Ty Cobb, Cy Young...etc.,.

(07-27-2011, 07:18 PM)JASCards Wrote: 1910 T206
Ty Cobb, Cy Young...etc.,.
You have to find a poor- verygood grade for that price with the HOFers. But I am on the same track as you are. I would be looking for the 2 more commons and maybe a southern leager or 2 in the same set 1909-1911 T-206 and if I could not find one maybe an 1888 Old Judge or 2
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I'd be thrilled first that my wife couldn't say "there are things we need more right now" cause I have nothing else to spend it on. Then I would look for HOF autos I need and kill the cheap boxes filling in Thomas needs from the years I am missing. That or just say screw it and buy one or two huge cards that I know I'd never spend my own money on.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(07-27-2011, 07:29 PM)waynetalger Wrote: You have to find a poor- verygood grade for that price with the HOFers. But I am on the same track as you are. I would be looking for the 2 more commons and maybe a southern leager or 2 in the same set 1909-1911 T-206 and if I could not find one maybe an 1888 Old Judge or 2
That's what I would do...Maybe in the 4-6 range for HOF'rs and much better for the commons.

Definitely go look for something in the pre-war department!

i would find a few nice pc autos for cheap , or close to cheap...then id spend the rest on some triple threads or sweet spot cuz i'd hit somthing good to trade on here

I would go crazy on the hobby box tables. haha
collecting Cheslor Cuthbert.
I can 50/50 midwest league autos.
[Image: chesbatting-2-1.jpg]

I'd try to find a nice version of my dream card: a 1954 Topps Al Kaline rookie card.
Collect Kirk Gibson (Tigers), Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris (Tigers), Lance Parrish (Tigers), Sparky Anderson (Tigers), Tom Brookens (Tigers), as well as earlier Tigers greats like Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton,etc.