`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Bowman Platinum 5 case break and contest thread (Contests closed)

2011 Bowman Platinum 5 case break and contest thread (Contests closed)
As many of you know, I regularly post Bowman breaks on this board. The UPS guy surprised me today by waiting until I got home before delivering, so I have my 5 cases in hand now (purchased from ATL for $5500 delivered), and hope to start busting this evening.

I will be listing out all numbered cards and autos and will attempt to grade the break on a box by box basis. I invite you to stop by this thread, help me with the grading, and contribute to the discussion. I sleeve, clean, and sort as I go, so the breaks usually last 5-7 days, which gives a lot of different members an opportunity to stop by and comment while the break is still ongoing. The collective expertise of the Beckett community in these threads invariably makes me more knowledgeable about the product. Plus, it's fun to show off a little bit.

To heighten interest in the break, I will organize a couple of contests. All contest information (including results) will be in this thread, and entries need to be posted here as well. This keeps the Message Board tidy.

[CONTESTS CLOSED]

CONTEST #1: To kick things off, I will be offering FIVE prospect autos from among my duplicates (I will provide a list from which you may choose) to the winner of the first contest. To participate, you need to guess which Prospect Autograph Card will appear in my first case as the lowest-numbered parallel. For example, if the first case produces 18 base autos, four green refractor autos, a blue refractor auto, and a red refractor auto, who is the red auto? If there is a tie for lowest numbered parallel (e.g., two blue refractor autos), the winner will be the one I pull LAST in the case. To break ties, you must also guess the number of pitches by Brad Penny in the Thursday afternoon game. Closest to the pin wins, further tie break goes to the first poster. All entries must be posted before I post results from my first box, which should be about 10PM Eastern. I settle all disputes.

A valid entry, therefore, will look something like this: "Lowest parallel: Bryce Harper, 75 pitches"

[CONTESTS CLOSED]

CONTEST #2: Winner of the second contest will receive a complete master set of 2011 Bowman Platinum, 1-100 and PP1-PP100, which includes Bryce Harper. This assumes I can put together at least two complete master sets. If I cannot, I will offer something of comparable value.

In this contest, you need to predict the case and box in which I pull my lowest numbered card in cases 3-5. If I pull multiples of the same print number, winner will be the one that comes last. For example, if I pull a printing plate in the 2nd box of the 3rd case, and then another plate in the 1st box of the 4th case, and no other plates or supers, Case #4, Box #1 is the winner. Only cards in hand count -- no redemptions. Any type of card with a stamped print number counts except that I consider superfractors to be of lower print number than plates.

To break ties, you must also guess the combined score of Padres-Rockies series from Friday-Sunday. Closest to the pin wins, further tie break goes to the first poster. All entries must be posted before 10:05 PM Friday Eastern time; I settle all disputes.

A valid entry, therefore, will look something like this:
"Case #4, Box #12, Padres 10-9"

[CONTESTS CLOSED]

Make sense? Good luck to you and to me.

Nathan

RE: 2011 Bowman Platinum 5 case break and contest thread (10PM Eastern cutoff)
Deck McGuire. 92 Pitches. Thanks again for another awesome contest! I've got my case on the way and can't wait to break it! Good luck!!

Lowest parallel: Shelby Miller, 94 pitches.

Rashun Dixon, 81 pitches

Lowest parallel: Manny Machado, 102 pitches
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Lowest parralelBig Grinelino Deshields,82 pitches

Don't trade with list:dorkypunkrockerguy,newbieredsfan

Leon Landry, 88 Pitches.

Thanks for the contest!

EDIT-i was looking at autos.

kyle russell and 98 pitches... cool idea and good luck!

Michael Choice 50 pitches
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Brad Holt - 93 pitches
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black