`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help? advice needed.

help? advice needed.
i am currently the only one of my friends or anyone i know really that collects cards so it makes it harder to have fun collecting.i still love it, but it would be cool to share it with other people. anybody have any advice on how to get someone else into collecting?

RE: help? advice needed.
I'm in the same boat. I like to read the message boards and look at cards online, but it's not like it was when I was a kid in the 80s and my friends and I would trade cards or ride our bikes to the card shop. Everything's more fun when you have friends involved. Only thing I could suggest is if you have some friends that are sports fans, show them your collection and how you are excited about it. Maybe that will get them excited about it and want to start collecting. Maybe even give them some cards to get started.

I let my three-year-old daughter have some of my cards (base commons) and she loves to look at the pictures and ask me about the players and the teams. I'm hoping that by letting her take part in what I like to do, she might have fun with it in the future. She may have to be my card collecting buddy!

I don't know if you have any local card shops, but maybe you could make friends with people there, so even if your current friends aren't interested, you could still have some collecting friends, too. We don't have any shops near where I live, so that makes it hard. Or, maybe you could start an online group of local collectors that you could get together with from time-to-time.
Collect Kirk Gibson (Tigers), Lou Whitaker, Alan Trammell, Jack Morris (Tigers), Lance Parrish (Tigers), Sparky Anderson (Tigers), Tom Brookens (Tigers), as well as earlier Tigers greats like Al Kaline, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Willie Horton,etc.

Same here. I live in an isolated area and no one else here collects. I rely on message boards and the good old postal system to keep me involved in the hobby.

maybe find out which friends are into sports and introduce them to the hobby..hangout at your local LCS if you have one around, i know ive meet some cool people at my local LCS

yay congrats to me 100th post after 5+years on the boards!! sorry little OT

same thing here. the closest card shop to me is about 45-50 miles away except for one that is about 20 miles away but that one is only open on mondays from 3 to 5 because he owns the same card shop that is about 45 miles away,haha,

(07-27-2011, 04:32 PM)tjacobson8 Wrote: i am currently the only one of my friends or anyone i know really that collects cards so it makes it harder to have fun collecting.i still love it, but it would be cool to share it with other people. anybody have any advice on how to get someone else into collecting?
That is a tough one. I dont know anyone else into sports cards either. I would check to see if there are any shows you can go to in your area. That would probably be your best bet.