`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Have you seen me?

RE: Have you seen me?
Really? The OP was just having some fun, I highly doubt the FBI is going to come kicking down his door because he posted a picture on a sports card web site showing a guy holding some cards...
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(07-27-2011, 07:56 PM)cheetos Wrote: Really? The OP was just having some fun, I highly doubt the FBI is going to come kicking down his door because he posted a picture on a sports card web site showing a guy holding some cards...
You never know.....
[Image: swat.bmp]

YankeeEmpire you crack me up. Is the picture you? If not then let that go man. This is funny **** and we don't need the RULES all thrown at us because a guy wants to have a little fun. I think it would be hilarious if someone on here saw it and said "dang that's me" and then tried to raise heck after you posted the rules. What would he get? The real crime here is that anyone is allowed to freaking do this crap with packs anyway. In away it seems illegal. It is like betting on a race that has been thrown. You should never know the outcome before the race is over, just as you should never know the hits there before the pack is opened.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I stopped going to one of my local card shops back in 1999 when I learned that the proprietor had a set of triple beam scales and was weighing the packs. I had never heard of such a thing. In 1999 they didn't have the "dummy" cards that you'll find today. I was a regular customer and he had a lot of nice pulls displayed in his store. I never had a decent pull from his shop. I purchased a 1999 Topps Factory set from him and guess which two cards were missing? The McGwire HR Record and the Sosa HR Parade. There was supposed to be one of each (random numbers) in the set. I couldn't prove it but I'm guessing he opened the set, removed the cards and then shrink-wrapped it. Nowadays it has "Topps" printed on the shrink wrap so no one should be able to get away with those type of shenanigans. He went belly up a year later. A phone call to Topps and they sent me one of each of the cards to complete my set.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html