`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 1989 wax packs

4 1989 wax packs
just found 4 1989 wax packs (topps, score, donruss and fleer) that i kept sealed due to the fact that it was my birth year. i hear there may be some cool error cards to be had and im wondering if i open these bad boys. opinions

RE: 4 1989 wax packs
Sorry, but they're pretty much worthless
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-27-2011, 12:15 AM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Sorry, but they're pretty much worthless
i know, which is why im weighing sentimental value (my birth year) vs. a chance at a billy ripken or something like that

For the Topps, I'm pretty sure you can't get anything decent in it. Billy Ripken black box would be fairly easy to pull in the Fleer, but it's the most common version
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

I'd not open them...Even if they were overprinted, there is a chance down the road later on that they could be worth more than now..There is at least 4 future hall of famers from the 1989 year..
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

Keep them in tact for now Smile
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

i would keep them, 99% chance you will regret it
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

i wouldnt open them, save them for another 20 years