`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen & Ginter Opinions

Allen & Ginter Opinions
I'm just wondering what you guys think about the 2011 Allen & Ginter cards and if you have pulled anything good. I received my Allen & Ginter hobby box from Topps today. This was my first ever hobby box and it contained 24 packs with 6 cards in each pack. I was excited when I received it and was hoping to pull something nice but I did not get 1 card that I was happy about. The only thing decent I pulled was a Nolasco jersey relic card and a Black Eyed Susan mini card which was pretty cool but not worth much. I did not get 1 autograph or a rip card which I was hoping for, got 9 rookie cards...none really that good, and a bunch of mini cards which weren't good either except for the Black Eyed Susan. So I'm just wondering if anyone else has bought an Allen & Ginter hobby box or some packs and if so, what the best cards you guys pulled? And I just ordered a Bowman Platinum hobby box for $87 off of Amazon which has 20 packs of 5 cards and is supposed to contain 3 Autograph/Relic cards...so wish me luck with this box!
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

RE: Allen & Ginter Opinions
What were your other 2 hits besides the Nolasco?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-26-2011, 11:30 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: What were your other 2 hits besides the Nolasco?
NOTHING ELSE AT ALL...not even a #'d card.
Also making sigs

(07-26-2011, 11:37 PM)ja1091 Wrote: NOTHING ELSE AT ALL...not even a #'d card.
You got shorted hits then, you should have gotten 3 per hobby box. I think you can call Topps and get replacements (IDK if the flower counts as a hit)
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-26-2011, 11:43 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: You got shorted hits then, you should have gotten 3 per hobby box. I think you can call Topps and get replacements
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, do you think they'll believe me though? It's really bugging me cause this was my first ever hobby box I purchased and I think I got ripped off
Also making sigs

Of course. They have to believe you. I ordered a 2011 Bowman Jumbo box, got a Jedd Gyorko gold auto ref. /50 and a sammy solis auto. You usually get three. They sent me an Adam warren auto for the replacement. I also bought a 2011 Ginter box. I pulled a pudge bat, hanley bat, and a michael young bat. I was disapointed there were no autos until I pulled a Mccutchen silk /10!
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

(07-26-2011, 11:49 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: Of course. They have to believe you. I ordered a 2011 Bowman Jumbo box, got a Jedd Gyorko gold auto ref. /50 and a sammy solis auto. You usually get three. They sent me an Adam warren auto for the replacement. I also bought a 2011 Ginter box. I pulled a pudge bat, hanley bat, and a michael young bat. I was disapointed there were no autos until I pulled a Mccutchen silk /10!
Okay cool. I'll definitely have to call tomorrow.
Also making sigs

I'm hearing all these stories about A&G and i have to say where ever people are buying boxes are not the right places. I busted a case thus far and mine were from the same store but not at the same time. I received great hits. The box DOES NOT guarantee a auto. You can get 3 relics or 3 autos or a combination of both or any of the other "hits" they are offering. The one box i opened had a Utley box top auto, a david price printing plate, castro auto,pedroia gu and a swisher gu and that was one box. It is hit or miss. A&G is not a money maker set this isn't something you would want for "high end" stuff. People buy these and cry that they didn't get anything. Well thats part of the hobby or the chase sometimes you win sometimes you lose. But for me it is always a win because i collect A&G relics and autos.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

I love them!

(07-26-2011, 11:43 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: You got shorted hits then, you should have gotten 3 per hobby box. I think you can call Topps and get replacements (IDK if the flower counts as a hit)
That's a good question there.

I could have sworn someone posted a breakdown where he got a Flora card in addition to his three hits.

Either way, the OP still got shorted at least one hit.
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)