`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen & Ginter Opinions

RE: Allen & Ginter Opinions
All of you are wrong. If you bought directly from topps, they will not sell you a hobby box. Those only go to hobby stores. You got a retail box. Hobby packs have 8 cards per pack and retail has 6 cards per pack.

The retail odds are greater than the hobby odds so you probably got what you were supposed to get.

That being said, I am interested in your minis you pulled and can help you complete the regular set if you're trying to make the base set. I have tons of inserts as well but need minis.

i like how i'm wrong too
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

^ You're the rightest wrong person in the thread.

I like how what he wanted to get across couldn't have been said a little differently.

Ok, so we goofed. Just say "Hey guys, he said he got it right from Topps...that's not a hobby box." Instead we get "You're all wrong!!! Grrrawwwwrrrr!!!" (even empire too, who wasn't technically wrong.)

Edit: You know, you actually might still be wrong. What if you really don't collect A&G relics and you're trying to convince yourself you do?

Looking back now I'll admit I missed where he said "from Topps" on the first read-through. Yeah, he got a retail box. One hit is probably all he can expect. The Flora card is icing on the cake.
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to sound like a "know it all". Everyone overlooked the cards per pack and that was the first thing I saw.

No disrespect intended. Just reading a couple of threads while pulling my hair out trying to find a card to finish up a trade.

Carry on, gentlemen.

Oh yeah...almost forgot....Grrrawwwwrrrr!!!" haha

(07-27-2011, 12:13 AM)david campos Wrote: All of you are wrong. If you bought directly from topps, they will not sell you a hobby box. Those only go to hobby stores. You got a retail box. Hobby packs have 8 cards per pack and retail has 6 cards per pack.

The retail odds are greater than the hobby odds so you probably got what you were supposed to get.

That being said, I am interested in your minis you pulled and can help you complete the regular set if you're trying to make the base set. I have tons of inserts as well but need minis.
Thanks for the clarification....don't know why I thought hobby box but whatever. I have most of the mini's on ebay right now but the others I got are:

Yonder Alonso RC
Ervin Santana
Annika Sorenstam
Adam Wainwright
Luke Hochevar
Brian Bogusevic RC
Brian Wilson
Mike Napoli
Jaime Garcia
Stan Lee

You can have them all...don't want the regular set but I'm interested in trading if you got a Cano rookie or something
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(07-27-2011, 12:45 AM)david campos Wrote: Sorry, guys. I didn't mean to sound like a "know it all". Everyone overlooked the cards per pack and that was the first thing I saw.

No disrespect intended. Just reading a couple of threads while pulling my hair out trying to find a card to finish up a trade.

Carry on, gentlemen.

Oh yeah...almost forgot....Grrrawwwwrrrr!!!" haha
Alright, no problem. I do appreciate that you were man enough to clarify. A lot of people seem to forget that we only have our words to communicate here.

That's why spelling, grammar, punctuation, tone, and emoticons are actually important on message boards.

Big Grin
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

i got really lucky i bought a $20 box and one of those 2 packs in 1 i ended up getting a flower mini card the snap dragon like 3 rookie cards a code card 1 battle ship and 2 evolution card things for 25 bucks i got lucky Smile i was happy

(07-27-2011, 12:51 AM)ja1091 Wrote: Thanks for the clarification....don't know why I thought hobby box but whatever. I have most of the mini's on ebay right now. It wont let me end the auction so you can bid if you want:

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Ea...0734500119

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:MESELX:IT

These are the others mini's i got:

Yonder Alonso RC
Ervin Santana
Annika Sorenstam
Adam Wainwright
Luke Hochevar
Brian Bogusevic RC
Brian Wilson
Mike Napoli
Jaime Garcia
Stan Lee

You can have them all...don't want the regular set but I'm interested in trading if you got a Cano rookie or something
Sorry but you can't post your auctions on here, a mod will take it down if you don't
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)