`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sports Movies: Which are your favorites?

RE: Sports Movies: Which are your favorites?
Hoop Dreams is my all-time favourite basketball film. As a result, I just had to have these two cards...

[Image: ArthurAgee.jpg]

[Image: WilliamGates.jpg]

There are a lot of good movies mentioned but, I am ashamed at all of you for not mentioning the ultimate and greatest sports movie of ALL TIME.............................

RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!!!!!!
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(07-27-2011, 10:23 AM)got watcha want Wrote: There are a lot of good movies mentioned but, I am ashamed at all of you for not mentioning the ultimate and greatest sports movie of ALL TIME.............................

RUDY, RUDY, RUDY!!!!!!
I mentioned that in my submission on the new article I believe. I put a lot in there. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Love and basketball... at the end of the day I got nothing else. I have my family and basketball... Its what I do and what consumes me. Great movie!
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups

Juwanna Mann!!!!!! LOL

But really my favorite, which isnt based on sports at all but has a lot of comedy about basketball, is Airplane with Kareem and then the scene of the Africans being "taught" to play basketball. I love it!!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

Am I the only one who grew up with The Pistol? I love that movie! To whoever said The Air Up There, great movie, I just wish they'd release it on dvd!

just noticed this, well after talking about it i decided to watch the greatest movie in filmmaking history aka he got game, i didnt notice the guy from hoop dreams umm i think arthur agee is in it check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPyCJ8ld1T0 at 1:51

Wow, what a walk down memory lane. Here are my favorites.

1) Forget Paris (Billy Crystal as a NBA ref. is great with lots of cameos of NBA ballers)

2) We Are Marshall

3) Invincible

4) The Replacements (Who doesn't love Gene Hackman as the guy in charge?!)

5) The Sandlot ("Your'e killing me Smalls!")

THANK GOODNESS somebody mentioned The Sandlot. Fabulous movie!

In no particular order these are darn good as well:

Hoosiers, Rookie of the Year, Field of Dreams, Space Jam, Remember the Titans, and The Mighty Ducks.

Also, somebody mentioned Rounders. Still not counting poker as a sport though it's a very good movie. Might throw 21 in as well if cards count though.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]