`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to get.......

RE: where to get.......
(07-26-2011, 08:22 PM)scarc12 Wrote: Yeah I love that excuse. If they just said hey we are going to raise the prices because we want more money i would respect them more for being honest.
I was in my LCS a few weeks back when the Rep from Southern Hobby was there. My LCS was going over his invoice and I heard him ask the Rep why the Supplies Type stuff went up in price. The Rep relied that their cost increased so its gets passed on to the LCS.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

Wow. I would love to get 100 toploaders for 4. I'm in the same boat. I can only find toploaders at target. 25 for 2.99. Our local shop in cleveland is expensive. They charge 2. for a pack of penny sleeves. I need to find a good site as well for standard top loaders. I tried bcw but always showing out of stock.

You guys are lucky. Smile If anyone has overstock of team bags,top loaders and penny sleeves for standard cards. I'd trade some cards for some supplies.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(07-26-2011, 08:04 PM)keyser soze Wrote: Pay more at your LCS, or you will cease to have an LCS. I equate LCS vs. EBay to buying American vs. Chinese, although the cost variances are for different reasons. The negative cost variance is still outweighed by the greater good done by supporting local institutions
+1
I don't like the price my LCS charges either, but I know they can use it, and I know that those give them a good profit margin.
3.25 for 25 does sound like highway robbery, though. Tough spot.

When I've wanted to buy stuff in bulk (well, bulk to me, anyway) I've gotten good deals at Big T Sports Cards. They don't always have a lot of inventory, but you can find a good deal there sometines,

(07-26-2011, 08:22 PM)scarc12 Wrote: Yeah I love that excuse. If they just said hey we are going to raise the prices because we want more money i would respect them more for being honest.
the cost of almost everything has went up and up and up and up and up...

this isn't a new or unusual concept. look at the prices of bulk commodity foods if you want a clearer picture of it. but the ever-raising price of commodities does affect prices of other items as well as it trickles down into every aspect of life including our toploaders/pennysleeves
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

i get mine at walmart penny is like 99 cents for 100 but the top loaders are like 3.25 for 35 of them
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

Just have to clarify, I work at a LCS and our costs have gone up 3 times in the last few months. Plastics are oil based and are shipped from maker to distributor to us by transportation methods using oil so I don't see how you think they are screwing you over. I charge 1.99 for a pack of Ultra Pro 25 Pack Cases or $55 for 1000 toploaders (a case of 40 packs) Penny sleeves are .75 or 3 for 2. To those who buy on Amazon you may have bought from me and if you wish to buy from me send me a message.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

(07-27-2011, 10:50 AM)rascrush Wrote: i get mine at walmart penny is like 99 cents for 100 but the top loaders are like 3.25 for 35 of them
I bought the penny sleeves from walmart and I will never do that ever again. The sleeves stick together,and the top of the insert are always sharp. I can't tell how many damaged cards ive got from those sleeves. Not just corners but middle of the card gets cut up. I threw mine away. Ultra pro or Bcw have the best I think. they are smooth and shuffle easy. No sticking.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

There are several fine places out there, and I do not think this one has been mentioned yet: http://www.the2buds.com/.

As far as selection goes, I do not believe they can be beaten.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.