`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you get card graded/Authenticated just for protection?

Would you get card graded/Authenticated just for protection?
Hey guys, I'm waiting on a 1/1 card I picked up on the bay, it has some bad edges so I got it pretty cheap. It's a 1/1, so what I got is what I got, but I don't want it to get in worse shape... I am thinking about just sending it to get authenticated, for it to be slabbed from further wear. What would you guys do?
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

RE: Would you get card graded/Authenticated just for protection?
if it is for PC needs slab it for looks, but if you ever plan on moving it go buy a nice holder (ie magnetic, screw down). I would think that you could keep is just as safe in whatever combination of card holder(s) you think might work.

The old top loader, penny sleeve and team bag work great for me. if it is say a thicker card I would go with the magnetic or screwdown.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Yeah, see what you mean. It is PC, and I've been trying to get as much of my PCs graded, that's if I think they will grade high. I'm pretty excited, it would be my 4th Olajuwon 1/1! If I get a good offer for bulk grading I may just throw it in for authentication since I'm getting the other 3 graded. 2 look pretty good, expect BGS 9 or higher.

(07-26-2011, 04:31 PM)htowntigger Wrote: Yeah, see what you mean. It is PC, and I've been trying to get as much of my PCs graded, that's if I think they will grade high. I'm pretty excited, it would be my 4th Olajuwon 1/1! If I get a good offer for bulk grading I may just throw it in for authentication since I'm getting the other 3 graded. 2 look pretty good, expect BGS 9 or higher.
Yeah if you have any doubts about getting lower than a BGS 9 on anything you grade, the authentication is better if you just want it slabbed.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Keep an eye out for posts from me or nygiantsfan (I can't remember his full name) about group submissions. They'll be $7 a pop plus shipping. But I say slab it. I do plan on getting all of my PC slabbed at some point.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Hey man, what kind of timetable is that for?

Personally, I like knowing that even if they didn't get the best grade, they can't get any worse if they're in a BGS case!
[Image: placsig.gif]
[Image: upper-deck.jpg]

Collecting LeBron James, Brady Quinn, and Jim Thome.

I'd definitely send it in for authentication at the least as I like the peace of mind the BGS cases provide. Most scoff at me for sending in 1/1s but to each their own lol.