`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found 2 boxes of 1989 Donruss in a closet...yippeee!!!

Found 2 boxes of 1989 Donruss in a closet...yippeee!!!
I found 2 boxes of 1989 Donruss in a closet a couple of weeks ago. They had been sitting in my office on the floor while I decided if I wanted to sell them or open them.

They weren't sealed with plastic, but all of the packs were sealed and I knew they hadn't been tampered with when I got them as part of a bigger purchase about a year or two ago. I just had forgotten I had put them in the closet.

So, after watching them sit there for a couple of weeks, I decided to open them.

I pulled a Griffey out of the second pack of the first box. Wow, nice card. Great centering, etc. Was excited about the thought of pulling a couple more Griffeys.

But, the next 71 packs (the rest of Box 1 and all of Box 2) yielded me not a single Griffey. Got 2 Johnsons and a couple of Biggio and Schillings, but no more Griffeys.

However, I pulled 7 each of Alex Sanchez and Greg Olsen. Yippeee! Can't wait to try and move those.

Just thought I'd share this.

RE: Found 2 boxes of 1989 Donruss in a closet...yippeee!!!
(07-26-2011, 12:21 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I found 2 boxes of 1989 Donruss in a closet a couple of weeks ago. They had been sitting in my office on the floor while I decided if I wanted to sell them or open them.

They weren't sealed with plastic, but all of the packs were sealed and I knew they hadn't been tampered with when I got them as part of a bigger purchase about a year or two ago. I just had forgotten I had put them in the closet.

So, after watching them sit there for a couple of weeks, I decided to open them.

I pulled a Griffey out of the second pack of the first box. Wow, nice card. Great centering, etc. Was excited about the thought of pulling a couple more Griffeys.

But, the next 71 packs (the rest of Box 1 and all of Box 2) yielded me not a single Griffey. Got 2 Johnsons and a couple of Biggio and Schillings, but no more Griffeys.

However, I pulled 7 each of Alex Sanchez and Greg Olsen. Yippeee! Can't wait to try and move those.

Just thought I'd share this.
Good deal. I posted a thread last week on a box of 89 Donruss I bought. I landed 3 nice Griffey RC's within the first 8 packs, I was stoked. I didnt get another one the entire rest of the box after going 3 for 8, but 3 was already more than the 1 I had hoped for so I was more than happy. I also landed a Randy Johnson RC on the 1st pack,a Biggio RC somewhere in the middle and on the very last pack I got the Curt Schilling RC I was hoping to get. These cards my be "junk wax", but they sure are fun too open sometimes. I might send in 2 of the Griffey RC's for grading as they are very nice specimens. Junk wax? HAHA! I think not....

Thats awesome! Yeah i love breakin the old boxes. I prefer those over todays to be honest.. Simpler and more enjoyable.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Yea, I really enjoyed it. I'm probably going to see if I can get a set out of it this weekend. I love breaking the old wax, throwing the majority of extra commons into a big 5,000 count box and getting $5 cash for each 5,000 count. Makes for ways to get some easy money of older stuff.

Nice! I have some 89 donruss i havent loaded to my org yet so if your shy of some, let me know!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.