`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet Spot autos

RE: Sweet Spot autos
In 2007 I think the ball was actually a rubber based ball, while the past years and years after that were actual leather. I have autos from all the years since they started, and only the 07's are faded or gone completely.

Yep its the 2007 ball leather that caused the problem. I have had these a number of years and they have gotten no worse.
[Image: 07sscrsbimv01.jpg]
[Image: 07sscsjm1.jpg]
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

Weird, my 2007 Brandon Phillips looks pretty much flawless
[Image: cards005-1.jpg]
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

i have a hamels and it looks blank thats how bad it faded. 2007 was a aweful year for sweet spot
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

I traded for a 2006 Scott Baker sweet spot auto for my PC about a month ago. Since I got it, whenever I look at my PC cards, I stare at it for a couple of minutes.
Collect anything Hockey and Baseball. My current PC's include Phil Coke, Koji Uehara, Scott Baker, Shaun Marcum, Josh Beckett, and Jamie Doornbosch.
[Image: 24698j9.png]
Thanks to bustin 5 knots for the banner!

The material they used as the "ball" in that 07 sweet spot classic caused them to fade horribly. More recently (08 & 09), they used a different material for the "ball" that held the autograph much better. In the way of the "glove" and "bat" autographs, any year seems to be fine for those.

I think its all of the 2007 sweet spots that fade...... Id stay away from them
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I had a few 07's and they were horrid. I've owned several different years finally settling on the 09 just because of the look. love em. while every once in a while there's a good one from the 07's i'd stay away from them unless you can actually see the sig is in great shape.
no org, please do not send trade requests

(07-27-2011, 12:25 AM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: Weird, my 2007 Brandon Phillips looks pretty much flawless
[Image: cards005-1.jpg]
It didn't fade, but did the color bleach? Did he actually sign it in gold or was it originally blue or black?

Nice card either way though.
[Image: NewBitmapImage4-1.jpg]

[Image: NewBitmapImage2.jpg]

Working on: 2011 Topps 60/Next 60 unique Autos (50/142) & Relics (?/101)

(07-28-2011, 12:24 AM)TheLastDude Wrote: It didn't fade, but did the color bleach? Did he actually sign it in gold or was it originally blue or black?

Nice card either way though.
It's supposed to be gold
http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2007/swe...25-6266969
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)