`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First-ever A&G box, 2011 A&G

First-ever A&G box, 2011 A&G
I was given a box of Allen and Ginter, I havent bought a box of baseball cards in like 8 years so I never heard of A&G so I was excited to open a new kind of cards. I had to watch some Box Breaks on the tube to see how they worked and what to look for. I think it was a good break, not the best, but fun.

My inserts will be in my org soon.

Here are some of the pulls/hits:

First hit:
[Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Jason-Werth_Jersey-RELIC.jpg]

Second hit:
[Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Kevin-Youkilis_Bat-RELIC.jpg]

Third hit was weird for me, since I didnt know what a RIP card looked like...but here it is:
[Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Martin-Prado_RIP-FRONT.jpg]

The forums mentioned to go ahead and rip anything over /25 so I did and got:
[Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Joey-Votto_mini_fromRIP.jpg]

Got several rookies, but the best was a mini:
[Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Aroldis-Chapman_mi...-FRONT.jpg][Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Aroldis-Chapman_mi...k-BACK.jpg]

The pack that came separate yielded:
[Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Tiim-Lincecum_RM43.jpg]

~~~~----____----~~~~

SO, I heard in a tube video to check the backs of mini's for A&G stuff and I found a few, but one stood out because it was different...

[Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Adrian-Beltre_mini..._FRONT.jpg][Image: 2011_Allen-and-Ginter_Adrian-Beltre_mini...a_BACK.jpg]

What do y'all think about the cards?

RE: First-ever A&G box, 2011 A&G
Looks like an awesome box! No autos but the bazooka mini and the rip card (with the votto) are super cool.

It looks like they numbered that mini with a ball-point pen. I havent really looked at one of those yet this year.

Nice votto, and nice bazooka back
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

check me for the Lincecum, Thanks.

Makes me want to have apiece of bazooka gum right about now. Awesome break i must say!
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

Fantastic break! Put me in line for the Lincy N43 and I would like a shot at that Votto EXT mini if you're trading. Also need lots of the mini's as well.
Congrats on the break, you did real well IMO
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Thanks guys, I have a question though. Several of the minis had black(ish) borders, what does that mean for identifying the card? I didn't see anything different on their back, they had numbers and stats...but I don't know what the bordering on the front means.

black bordered are paralells....harder to pull
Collecting TCU Alums: LaDanian Tomlinson, Andy Dalton, Jeremy Kerley etc.
Looking for Mike Schmidt Pre-1980's, Auto, GU, and GU/Autos

black borders are just a paralell of the regular minis. no big deal unless a big name. any chance you want to trade the youkilis?

Pretty good pulls. I'm new to this product and still don't know what the definition of a rip card is.... Is it in its own wrapper? Or do you have to peel something away to reveal the card?