`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Etopps: Worth it?

Etopps: Worth it?
I've only been back in the hobby about a year and have been checking out etopps on occasion, sometimes considering buying but never have. The prices seem awfully steep for someone who has just enough money budgeted for cards to buy a box once in a while and pick up a few relatively cheap singles/lots here and there. Anyway, this week I was thinking about it. No, not Bryce Harper, I've never bought into him and the massive turd he's laying in AA is proving me correct. But I'm a Cardinals fan and Shelby Miller looks hot right now. 3.50 isn't bad for his card so I wouldn't feel too sad if he tanked, but I was just curious how many people buy etopps and how many people think its worth 5-8 bucks for prospect or rookie cards when you can pick up almost every Bowman prospect for next to nothing.

RE: Etopps: Worth it?
Might just be me, but I refuse to be Etopps cards at all. I dont even have any David Wrights and I have 750 different David Wrights
Finder's Fee for these cards if I obtain them(NO EBAY or COMC).

2010 Neftali Feliz Ginter Relic,

I think the Miller card is kinda cool considering there won't be many cards issued of him in the Springfield uniform. Doesn't seem like a bad investment for just $3.50.

I like em, mostly because they look awesome. I only have the Hosmer and Josh Johnson auto, but I'd like to add some Twins at some point.

If you can get in on the IPO it is worth it. They usually sell/trade for double value in the first 24 hours after allotment. Most of them go down after that and its almost always better to buy on eBay after. Also the cards hold some value for the first couple years because of games eTopps has you can enter with your cards to win points to get more cards. Kinda like a dumbed down fantasy baseball. After 3 years most all will go down unless it was a hot RC or superstar card.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I think only the best players are worth it. Right now they're doing minor league cards an they NEVER seem to increase in value. I think Harper will be an exception and theres money to be made if you sell it quickly. I do love all of the eTopps autos though, and there is a points-earning game that seems to earn some cool prizes but you have to buy a lot of cards and you earn points based on those players reaching statistical projections. I usually like the set design, but this years set is one of the ugliest I have seen
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

My 2001 Pujols is still worth $80

(07-25-2011, 08:30 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: If you can get in on the IPO it is worth it. They usually sell/trade for double value in the first 24 hours after allotment. Most of them go down after that and its almost always better to buy on eBay after. Also the cards hold some value for the first couple years because of games eTopps has you can enter with your cards to win points to get more cards. Kinda like a dumbed down fantasy baseball. After 3 years most all will go down unless it was a hot RC or superstar card.
I think a lot of times its worth waiting til after the IPO...
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(07-25-2011, 08:44 PM)iconms Wrote: I think a lot of times its worth waiting til after the IPO...
Its only worth it the first 24 hours. The almost always sell/trade for double IPO price in the first 24.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

I wasted my money in 2002. Never again.
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]