`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Box's Allen & Ginter

2 Box's Allen & Ginter
Well had a dream last night that I needed to go buy some Allen & Ginter box's, very weird dream. So I went to the LCS and picked up 2 box's like usual with Allen & Ginter it seems one box really sucked while the other was awesome. Here is what I had:

First Box Hits (the sucky box and after opening this box I really wished I hadn't bought 2!)
[Image: cards010.jpg]
Prince Fielder Relic Card
[Image: cards009.jpg]
Justin Morneau Relic Card x2, yep 2 of the same hit in the same box! I wasnt really happy about that one. (Unless it was an autograph LOL)

Second box didnt start out any better:
[Image: cards011.jpg]
Ryan Dempster Relic (being a Cards fan getting a dumpster card was not the highlight of the break)

Then it started picking up a little:
[Image: cards012.jpg]
Mike Stanton Rip Card serial # 39/99 !
[Image: cards014.jpg]
Stan Lee Autograph, very awesome.

As far as Mini's are concerned not to bad on the box's

A & G Back (11)

Black Border (5)

Black Border NNO (1)
John McEnroe
This was a weird card, didnt realize the NNO's didnt have any writing on the backs.

Got a couple black corned cards and one gold cornered card, can anyone tell me what these are?

Also can't decide if I should Rip the Mike Stanton card or not, any opinions?

RE: 2 Box's Allen & Ginter
There code cards to decifer the code for this year.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(07-24-2011, 09:13 PM)dheadt Wrote: Well had a dream last night that I needed to go buy some Allen & Ginter box's, very weird dream. So I went to the LCS and picked up 2 box's like usual with Allen & Ginter it seems one box really sucked while the other was awesome. Here is what I had:

First Box Hits (the sucky box and after opening this box I really wished I hadn't bought 2!)
[Image: cards010.jpg]
Prince Fielder Relic Card
[Image: cards009.jpg]
Justin Morneau Relic Card x2, yep 2 of the same hit in the same box! I wasnt really happy about that one. (Unless it was an autograph LOL)

Second box didnt start out any better:
[Image: cards011.jpg]
Ryan Dempster Relic (being a Cards fan getting a dumpster card was not the highlight of the break)

Then it started picking up a little:
[Image: cards012.jpg]
Mike Stanton Rip Card serial # 39/99 !
[Image: cards014.jpg]
Stan Lee Autograph, very awesome.

As far as Mini's are concerned not to bad on the box's

A & G Back (11)

Black Border (5)

Black Border NNO (1)
John McEnroe
This was a weird card, didnt realize the NNO's didnt have any writing on the backs.

Got a couple black corned cards and one gold cornered card, can anyone tell me what these are?

Also can't decide if I should Rip the Mike Stanton card or not, any opinions?
did you rip the rip card?

(07-24-2011, 09:13 PM)dheadt Wrote: Well had a dream last night that I needed to go buy some Allen & Ginter box's, very weird dream.
I had a dream last night that I was on a beach and some dude was fishing and caught a huge alligator and then it ran up on the beach and started eating people.

Guess I've been watching too much history channel.

Anyway, nice hits! I'd rip the rip card, but I'm a gambler....might be best to sell it as-is.

(07-24-2011, 09:19 PM)cincycap83 Wrote: I had a dream last night that I was on a beach and some dude was fishing and caught a huge alligator and then it ran up on the beach and started eating people.

Guess I've been watching too much history channel.

Anyway, nice hits! I'd rip the rip card, but I'm a gambler....might be best to sell it as-is.
Nice!

My Son thinks I should rip it, and when I ask him why he says, "Well it's not my card" LOL

I am dying to but I am too afraid of disappointment.

That Stan Lee is awesome I love that card
Looking for HOF rookies,auto,jersey,patch and vintage baseball,basketball,football.Also looking for oddball autos and relics

[Image: cooltext544972084.gif]

http://s1108.photobucket.com/albums/h404/cardsnstuff2/

You really dont have a lot to lose by ripping it.

The unripped Stantons are going for $55-90.

The worst card you could get is a no-name EXT Mini...the lowest one of those to sell in the past month was a Billy Butler for $17.....and the ripped stanton will still bring you $10-20.

So worst-case scenario would still bring you approx $30-40, and odds are against doing that badly.

I'd say theres more to gain by ripping it.

Good luck either way!

For those who have asked to see the NNO here it is, my scanner freaked out with the black border so it cropped it a little weird but here is the front and back.

[Image: cards018.jpg]

[Image: cards019.jpg]
Wink 
(07-24-2011, 09:28 PM)cincycap83 Wrote: You really dont have a lot to lose by ripping it.

The unripped Stantons are going for $55-90.

The worst card you could get is a no-name EXT Mini...the lowest one of those to sell in the past month was a Billy Butler for $17.....and the ripped stanton will still bring you $10-20.

So worst-case scenario would still bring you approx $30-40, and odds are against doing that badly.

I'd say theres more to gain by ripping it.

Good luck either way!
theres more to gain if you let me buy it....a collector of rip cards......thats me

A Rip and a great auto! People would love to have the boxes you did! I just eBay'd the Stan Lee, figured why buy a ton of wax and not get and just purchase it instead. As for the Rip, I say rip away. #d 25 or less is when u sell unripped.
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics