`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...

RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...
(07-26-2011, 08:49 AM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: Please show me the rules where it says it is an illegal practice?? Beckett make rules now or something? Pack searching may be frowned upon, but it isn't illegal.
actually, it is illegal. most methods of pack searching damages the product. if it is resealed and resold, it's fraud

so yea, it is illegal

(07-26-2011, 08:58 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: actually, it is illegal. most methods of pack searching damages the product. if it is resealed and resold, it's fraud

so yea, it is illegal
Yea, but not every packsearcher probably reseals..I've watched youtube videos on how people do it and most just push the cards to certain areas to look for stickers and that is done without damaging the packs....

Some cases may be illegal, some may not...Not 100% illegal
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(07-26-2011, 09:00 AM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: Yea, but not every packsearcher probably reseals..I've watched youtube videos on how people do it and most just push the cards to certain areas to look for stickers and that is done without damaging the packs....

Some cases may be illegal, some may not...Not 100% illegal
MOST methods are illegal. period

and even if SOME are, YOU dont know which ones are which. and even by your admission that SOME are illegal, it null and voids your entire previous argument

stop justifying it

when you have at best a GREY market with hot packs, when you admit some are illegal, that means the entire market is ripe for fraud

Look how about if everyone just lets this guy enjoy what he has. He said hes not a pack searcher so let it go. No one knows him but people are quick to call him the scum of the earth. maybe he boucht those hot packs from someone else and he is just reselling them for extra money who cares it doesnt effect you so leave him alone.

(07-26-2011, 09:06 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: MOST methods are illegal. period

and even if SOME are, YOU dont know which ones are which. and even by your admission that SOME are illegal, it null and voids your entire previous argument

stop justifying it

when you have at best a GREY market with hot packs, when you admit some are illegal, that means the entire market is ripe for fraud
So he says "some" and you say "most". Big deal. That's just getting into semantics.

(07-26-2011, 09:20 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: So he says "some" and you say "most". Big deal. That's just getting into semantics.
no, because even if it is "some", that defeats his previous argument
(07-26-2011, 09:11 AM)scarc12 Wrote: Look how about if everyone just lets this guy enjoy what he has. He said hes not a pack searcher so let it go. No one knows him but people are quick to call him the scum of the earth. maybe he boucht those hot packs from someone else and he is just reselling them for extra money who cares it doesnt effect you so leave him alone.
"i bought stolen goods, but i dont know if anyone was actually assaulted when they stole the property. maybe they did a home invasion and no one was home. i mean, sure, maybe they actually stabbed someone to get it, and the most likely scenario is that someone got hurt, but hey, that doesnt matter. i got a sweet deal on this tv i bought out of the back of the van, and people should be happy im watching the Super Bowl on this 60 inch tv"

(07-26-2011, 09:21 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote:

No my argument was that pack searching at its core is not "illegal"...You cannot dispute that..There is no law..When you say resealed and damaged packs, that is just getting into specific cases which do not always happen.
But this argument is useless and worn out, it's always the same and everyone thinks their opinion is worth gold on here...
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.

So he said first it's not illegal and then he said some. And?

I think pack searching is wrong and shows a poor sense of character. However, if someone can show me where it says, within the actual law, that it's illegal, I don't see the basis for your argument other than you think your opinion is law.

That voids your whole argument because stolen goods means that he took with out paying but he in fact did pay for them. again even if he did search the SO WHAT. Its wonderful your trying to be this hero for the people but your arguments are falling flat. if he paid for the packs he didnt steal them.

"i bought stolen goods, but i dont know if anyone was actually assaulted when they stole the property. maybe they did a home invasion and no one was home. i mean, sure, maybe they actually stabbed someone to get it, and the most likely scenario is that someone got hurt, but hey, that doesnt matter. i got a sweet deal on this tv i bought out of the back of the van, and people should be happy im watching the Super Bowl on this 60 inch tv"

(07-26-2011, 09:30 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: So he said first it's not illegal and then he said some. And?

I think pack searching is wrong and shows a poor sense of character. However, if someone can show me where it says, within the actual law, that it's illegal, I don't see the basis for your argument other than you think your opinion is law.
bingo..feel the same way