`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...

RE: Allen Ginter JFK 1/1 Relic hits E-bay.... Sold by none other than...
Admittedly, I am jealous. I would love to have pulled this so I could sell it for the payday this guy has coming. On the other hand, this is a perfect reason why I will never buy a box of this crap. If I am going to pull a 1 of 1, or a "set hit", it BETTER be a player. I buy boxes of BASEBALL CARDS, I want cards of BASEBALL PLAYERS. I don't want hair of dead people, I don't want teeth of animals, I don't want manufactured patches of embroidered animals. In the only pack I ever bought (last year), I pulled a serial numbered short print of the paper airplane record holder. That was enough for me.

I know a lot of people love this set and I mean no offense, it just isn't for me.

Sounds like alot of jealousy in here

(07-25-2011, 08:37 AM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: cute story, but you still can't defend your selling of hot packs. I don't care if you are the lackey selling them after buying them from a pack searcher or not, if you participate in the process of the selling of hot packs, you are just as guilty as the fat guy in target feeling up the packs. Pack searching and hot pack selling is a scurge on the hobby and if you want to maintain some type of respect in the hobby to be an example for your kids, you would not engage in such garbage.
+2

dang, he didn't accept my offer of $2.16. And, I don't buy the story
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Yes this is gross but thats not the worst I've seen. I can't remember what company it was but someone put out or was going to put out a dual relic of JFK and Oswald with a piece of the seat from the card he was shot in and I cant remember what the relic for Oswald was.
Good for you Im glad busting packs finally paid off for you. I pulled my biggest a couple of weeks ago when I got the Bush auto. Sell what you want to sell who cares what everyone else thinks. I totally understand the gamble but thats what also makes it so fun. any congrats on the pull and let me know if you want to trade it for the Bush auto. HaHa

(07-25-2011, 12:12 AM)LARSON83 Wrote: Hello everyone. I am the seller of this card and I just felt the need to defend myself. Let me start by saying that I am not a pack searcher. I am a father of 4 and work full-time, so I do not have the time to sit and search cards. I enjoy collecting cards and have passed my love of the hobby on to my 2 boys. Every once in awhile I will purchase a lot of hot packs from someone I met in the community. If I'm lucky I make 2 dollars off each pack. If you go and read my feedback on ebay, you will see that I take care of each and every one of my buyers with next day shipping and bonus cards (most of the time I give an extra auto or relic card). My feedback speaks for itself.

I have spent thousands on boxes only to get very few great hits. As we all know, this is a hobby that requires taking gambles and 99% of the time we lose out. That 1% falls on times like this, where I happen to have gotten a pull of a lifetime (which I am grateful for and do not expect to repeat itself). I try to teach my boys this hobby is a lot like life...stuff doesn't always go your way, sometimes the person next to you will get what you want, and you need to be happy for them. I thought that this was part of what collecting was all about. At least this is what it meant to me when I was 9, and at 28 I feel the same way every time I break open a pack of cards. I know there are always going to be people that are jealous b/c that has been me before, but in those instances I bit my tongue and tried to be nothing but happy for them. I really debated even putting this card up since it would be a great heirloom to pass on to my kids, but to be honest I could really use the money to support my family right now. So whether I get $1000 or $20,000 I know that I am extremely lucky to be in this position and to own such a extraordinary card...and trust me luck has not been on my side most of my life. I just want to thank everyone for being part of this hobby that we love so much. I hope it doesn't fade away--I would hope that it lasts for my kids to experience all the joys of being a collector.

Not sure why people think a piece of hair is gross. If it was hair with Marilyn Monroe's DNA on it, I could understand...But its just a piece of hair. Heck...Marilyn Mornoe's DNA would probably double the value of the card!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

I guess my trolling asking stupid questions on ebay can stop now LOL

"i can't make it out from this image, but what color hair is the strand of hair? is it brown or grey?

do you know if he dyed his hair also?? I wonder if it has any remnants of hair dye in it if so. that would be cool!"
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

As I always say in reply to this gripe about Allen & Ginter, be glad you didnt collect cards 125 years ago because that's how the early sets were. Ginter is a tribute to those early sets. That's exactly the point of them.

(07-25-2011, 08:40 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Admittedly, I am jealous. I would love to have pulled this so I could sell it for the payday this guy has coming. On the other hand, this is a perfect reason why I will never buy a box of this crap. If I am going to pull a 1 of 1, or a "set hit", it BETTER be a player. I buy boxes of BASEBALL CARDS, I want cards of BASEBALL PLAYERS. I don't want hair of dead people, I don't want teeth of animals, I don't want manufactured patches of embroidered animals. In the only pack I ever bought (last year), I pulled a serial numbered short print of the paper airplane record holder. That was enough for me.

I know a lot of people love this set and I mean no offense, it just isn't for me.
Is this thing on?

(07-25-2011, 02:08 PM)sonnyday Wrote: Not sure why people think a piece of hair is gross. If it was hair with Marilyn Monroe's DNA on it, I could understand...But its just a piece of hair. Heck...Marilyn Mornoe's DNA would probably double the value of the card!

gross would be if the hair was taken from his head after the shooting.
hopefully the hair was collected before then.

[Image: philliesguy2.png]
i collect phillies autographs.
i also collect robert andino & carmelo anthony.

(07-25-2011, 02:16 PM)shivelycore Wrote: As I always say in reply to this gripe about Allen & Ginter, be glad you didnt collect cards 125 years ago because that's how the early sets were. Ginter is a tribute to those early sets. That's exactly the point of them.
Yes, but we don't live back then. Now we have lived in decade after decade of specialized card collecting where we can buy a baseball product and know we are getting only baseball.

Now I don't care if someone wants to collect A&G, because that is their choice, and it doesn't bother me that this set exists either, even though it isn't my cup of tea. But using the comeback that you should be glad you weren't around 125 years ago is tenuous at best. If we were around 125 years ago our collecting choices would be determined by what we knew and the culture of the time. The fact is, we DON'T live 125 years ago and our collecting preferences rightfully reflect that fact.