`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the pros

RE: Question for the pros
(07-24-2011, 11:44 PM)all day baby Wrote: I assumed he would be selling the high end cards he didn't want to keep. If that is the case, they shouldn't end at a quarter. Anyway, the reason I said to offer free shipping is because I am "on report" with eBay since I charge $3.00 for my auctions. Six people over the past year decided that was too much to pay for shipping (even though it is average for card auctions), and left me with 1 or 2 stars. eBay sent me an email stating if I don't get my shipping fees in line with my other ratings (even though it is still way above 4 stars), the payments for my auctions will be delayed. I complained to them, but they didn't listen. And I keep getting the same messages.

Bottom line... eBay wants you to offer free shipping. When you do, you automatically get stars for that category. No miffed buyers dropping stars on you.
That's just crazy.
Those 6 people HAD to be on something. Esp. to leave 1 or 2 STARS for $3 shipping.

I assumed he wanted to sell everything. So hence why I agreed with you on most of what you said.

I just paid $6 for shipping on 2 auctions. Maybe I should report the sellers....... Joking by the way.

I just include the shipping into that is what I am paying for the card.

as a buyer i do a lot on ebay. sundays is the best ay to have the auction end and around 10 eastern time. as a buyer if i see that someone combines shipping or .50 cents each additional i will buy a lot of the base rookies if they have them up fs and i bid a little more than i normally would to get the autos since i wouldnt have to pay for shipping again
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(07-25-2011, 08:13 AM)mcleodfive Wrote: as a buyer i do a lot on ebay. sundays is the best ay to have the auction end and around 10 eastern time. as a buyer if i see that someone combines shipping or .50 cents each additional i will buy a lot of the base rookies if they have them up fs and i bid a little more than i normally would to get the autos since i wouldnt have to pay for shipping again
Yup.
And when Goodwin came out I bought 9 cards from one seller for the PC's. They had a max shipping of $5 also.

when i pulled this card i thought, both these guys are gonna make it big so ill wait to sell them... dont wait sell em now.[Image: jrussel-cjohnsonbowjsy.jpg]
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

Everybody has been very helpful. Thanks for the feedback!

ok, since nobody else has said it, I will.

Since your a new seller, buyers won't bid up your products like they would with an established seller, even though you have feedback as a buyer, you don't have any as a seller, and that is going to hurt your sales dollar wise on the bids until you get established as a seller, with good feedback, especially in shipping, communication, and customer service.

I suggest, start out selling low end stuff first to build up your selling feedback, before starting to list high end stuff, because if you start listing high end stuff with no selling feedback, you won't get the bids that an established seller would
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35