`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help, OT kinda, VHS Tapes

help, OT kinda, VHS Tapes
hey i am a big wrestling fan as well and a long time a go my sisters boyfriend who is also a wrestling fan gave me a whole bunch of vhs tapes of old pay per views of wrestling. well now i want to put these on dvd, i bought a nice dvd-vhs burner that burns the vhs tapes onto blank dvds, my first one went smooth (wrestlemania 1) but now as i am trying to do the next one its not working, well i guess he mustve pulled the tab out, but i was reading online that if u put tape on it it doubles as the tab and it should work the only thing is idk where the tab is as i never pulled one out before, can someone tell me where and if putting tape on it will work or not

RE: help, OT kinda, VHS Tapes
Since I grew up with VHS tapes, yes tape does work! Just put it over where the tab used to be. If I remember the tab is on the side of the VHS tape, but it's been so long!
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

Yeah the tab should be on the side of it, near the end where the actual "tape" is. Look at one with the tab and one without. I seem to remember it being pretty small. One of them you will see just a small rectangular hole, the other will have a tab there.
See pic:

[Image: vhs_tab.jpg]

(07-24-2011, 04:00 PM)chiefsncards275 Wrote: hey i am a big wrestling fan as well and a long time a go my sisters boyfriend who is also a wrestling fan gave me a whole bunch of vhs tapes of old pay per views of wrestling. well now i want to put these on dvd, i bought a nice dvd-vhs burner that burns the vhs tapes onto blank dvds, my first one went smooth (wrestlemania 1) but now as i am trying to do the next one its not working, well i guess he mustve pulled the tab out, but i was reading online that if u put tape on it it doubles as the tab and it should work the only thing is idk where the tab is as i never pulled one out before, can someone tell me where and if putting tape on it will work or not
If you look at the case (not the side with flip up lid/tape) on the left side there is a tab which can be snapped off. This was designed to prevent recording over an existing recording & doesn't affect playback. With or without tape over the tab it should play to transfer to dvd. I would try another tape, if that works then the tape itself might be n/g or maybe was erased.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Putting tape where the tab is, will not help you with what your trying to do, as your trying to copy the tape to DVD, not record over the tape that is in the VHS.

Most VHS tapes from 1984 till now, have " Macrovision " installed, which prevents the tape from being copied to another VHS tape or DVD, etc....

This is to prevent piracy and sales of pirated VHS tapes.

The same thing is now done to DVD's, cd's etc, but using as different technology.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

thanks everyone i got it to work

wow...lol I still have WMIII I recorded from PPV on VHS. King Kong Bundy wrastlin the midgets. Man I feel old now....
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(07-24-2011, 10:04 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: wow...lol I still have WMIII I recorded from PPV on VHS. King Kong Bundy wrastlin the midgets. Man I feel old now....
ya the first one i converted was wrestlemania I,i am missing wrestlemania II but the second one i recorded was wrestlemania III, one of the best moments was when hulk hogan slammed andre the giant