`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yao ming

yao ming
i just cant belive he is gone from the NBA he will be in the hall of fame soon !!!!! i know for a fact the reason why i collect him is because of his cards they where so low !!!!! at the time i feelt sorry for the man and now i have been collecting him cents and another thing on him because he was the #1 pick of 2002 the year i finished high skool too i wish you the best of luck yao ming

here are some of the cards i have

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

RE: yao ming
I was waiting to see if anyone would have mentioned anything about Ming. He made headlines about being drafted out of China. He had a major impact on the international scouting and a force in the NBA in his prime. Sadly its not a tall mans game, they never get to shine Bill Russell was tall in era. But was very skilled at his height, today you have to have that Lebron built to be able to last a season with all the beatens you take...lol

But back to the topic, Ming will be missed. I wish the best for him as well, I know his stuff is cheap. Maybe you have something good. Glad you got him when the gettings were good. I would like to see your collection if you can get it up!!!
[Image: 9ersncrabtree.jpg]

Actually 9ers, Bill russell was the average height - if not a little undersized for the centre position - at the time. It was Wilt Chamberlain who had the height. What made bill Russell so good was his unrelenting hussle regardless of who he faced. As to basketball not being a big man's game.... the NBA goes through phases as to what position is top of the crop, so to say. In the 1980's and 1990's it was the big men - PF's and C's - who garnered all the attention with a few guards and small forwards shining out. The last decade? It has been guards - especially in the last four years - who have shone with the exception of LeBron and Durant. It's just a cyclical phase.

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.

(07-23-2011, 08:46 PM)taffster74 Wrote: Actually 9ers, Bill russell was the average height - if not a little undersized for the centre position - at the time. It was Wilt Chamberlain who had the height. What made bill Russell so good was his unrelenting hussle regardless of who he faced. As to basketball not being a big man's game.... the NBA goes through phases as to what position is top of the crop, so to say. In the 1980's and 1990's it was the big men - PF's and C's - who garnered all the attention with a few guards and small forwards shining out. The last decade? It has been guards - especially in the last four years - who have shone with the exception of LeBron and Durant. It's just a cyclical phase.
All good points and yes Chamberlin was who I was thinking but said Russell. I would agree with you 100%. Smile

Do anyone think that Ming will get to the HOF??? I certainly don't.

Too bad for Rocket fans. I still think of how powerful they would have been with a healthy TMac and Ming...yikes!!!
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

(07-25-2011, 07:11 AM)newfiecomicguy1 Wrote: Do anyone think that Ming will get to the HOF??? I certainly don't.

Too bad for Rocket fans. I still think of how powerful they would have been with a healthy TMac and Ming...yikes!!!
Thats a good question, I think the NBA will get him in there based on the fact of what he did making the impact he did. But I could be wrong. Yeah they would have been strong with both on them healthy!!!

I dont think so, If he did it would be off the court. On court he did alright but that is it... never made the impact he should have. If his health had stayed im sure houston would have won a championship and ming would have been. Just don't see the accolades needed to make it to that status.
Personal Collections are as follows :
1) Knicks (anyone who has worn the jersey at one time or another and made a significant impact on the team.)
2) Latrell sprewell
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Carmelo Anthony
5) Steve Nash
6) Chauncey Billups