`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People there is a difference in Hobby and Retail, please read

People there is a difference in Hobby and Retail, please read
In the last month I've gotten about 10 wrong cards and 9 were retail instead of hobby. It's not a big deal unless your doing sets and already have the retail. I guess lately some people either don't know the difference or are trying to pass off retail as hobby.

But it's so simple, if you bought it from Wal-Mart or Target and you get a rookie, type in "Retail" with the set and player, if the set has Retail and Hobby RC's they will both show up. If not, then just the one RC will show up.

Hobby RC's are foil board, Retail are white!

Usually the sets that have both are Absolute Memorabilia, Donruss Threads, Gridiron Gear and Rookies and Stars/Longevity.

If your not trading then just skip over this, but if you plan on trading you need to have the right card, so please fix it.

Hobby on the left Retail on the right

[Image: scan0175.jpg]

[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]

RE: People there is a difference in Hobby and Retail, please read
Here, here. Good idea to point this out, Lee.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Same with Elite and Absolute base. The FOIL is HOBBY
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

Topps Unrivaled retail cards are real thin.

Heh, I didn't know there was a retail version of Absolute. I mean I am sure I would know the difference, just never seen them for sale at Walmart/Target/etc.

Other way to figure that out... load your card into the Org... if the numbers don't match, guess what? It's retail! At least it works that way for 2010 Topps Prime (although you will find the regular primes mixed in with the retail ones, but only like 1 or 2 per blaster box...via my observations to date.)

retail RC's can be #'d. For example, the 2008 Donruss Threads Hobby RC is /999 and so is the Retail. So the only way to know is by the foil, if you didn't pull from Wal-Mart or Target yourself. That's the set I've had the most trouble with.

the 2010 Topps Prime has a retail and hobby, but they have different card #'s and a different photo. The retail is also much thinner.

But the best way to know is type in the set and player name and type retail. If there's a retail RC it'll show up, if not then it's hobby.
[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]