`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addiction

RE: Addiction
I'm like a few others on here. I bid and hope I don't win or submit an offer hoping they reject it. I have got a few decent deals by submitting offers though.

(07-23-2011, 12:42 PM)jonathancard Wrote: Have you ever sat at your computer logged on to one of those auction sites and said to yourself im just going to look not buy just look...Everytime I sit down and just "look" about fifty dollars or more later im going wtf. Just wondering if anyone has this problem or if im all alone on this impulse...
My addiction is more with time spent looking at boxes than actual money spent. I can decide to look at a few boxes and an hour has gone by before I know it.

I solve the bidding problem by putting everything in my watch list. I figure that if I want it bad enough, I'll keep watching up until the final minutes. It has kept me from buying cards I don't really want.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(07-23-2011, 12:42 PM)jonathancard Wrote: Have you ever sat at your computer logged on to one of those auction sites and said to yourself im just going to look not buy just look...Everytime I sit down and just "look" about fifty dollars or more later im going wtf. Just wondering if anyone has this problem or if im all alone on this impulse...
I have gone on a little vintage buying spree lately. (Probably about 35-40) I just tried to pay for the latest one and Paypal informed me that my account is on hold and I need to provide them with a copy of my photo ID to prove that it is me buying them. Anyone else ever had this happen? That's pretty sad though, when you have a problem to the point where Paypal is cutting you off......

I think we have all done this. So you are not alone. There are times when I bid on something, am the high bidder, and then regret bidding just hoping someone will outbid me in the end. There are times when I win for more than I wanted to I just pay and move on. Then there are times when I get a really good deal and it's all worth it. BTW, heading to "look" at some auctions now.

I found out from a friend of a friend of a friend that my computer has a radar hidden in the screen in one of those LED’s-it has been sending secret coded messages to my brain when ever I log on to a auction site. At first I did not believe my friend and then I realized my wallet was always being emptied and the monies sent to this “Pay Pal” place. No wonder I get headaches when I look at auto’d cardboard. I have since started to wear my “tin foil” helmet with radar reflecting technology to counter act their effects. So far it is working, while I am typing at the Beckett site, have not gotten a signal to bid yet here. Oh ya if you try this at home you must be in your undies and chanting.
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

you know its gotten really bad when you are searching through ebay on your phone and being on beckett on your desktop at the same time...
[Image: Ppgoq.jpg]

Jeff Samardzija Supercollector!

Autos: 64
1/1s: 106
total unique cards: 958

Also collecting Nomar Garciaparra, Dan Haren, Manny Ramirez, Roger Maris and Kerry Wood

I too get in trouble with the Mrs. if I start buyin stuff. I'll bid the bare minumum sometimes and still win. then I'm still out $2 for shipping on a 5 cent card Tongue
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards