`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Tempted!

So Tempted!
For whatever reason I have been debating if I should continue to collect. I have two thoughts. Keep my cards or sell. If I sell, what would I do with the money? Pay bills? Then what? I tend to spend way too much money only to put the card (s) into a box. Although I look at my collections often, they just sit there. Being bored, I decided to look at some of my middle of the road MJs and see how they have been selling. I looked up 20 different cards and found the average of the selling value of each card. For the 20 cards, I would have got around $1500 from selling them recently...THAT is only 20 cards out of my collection! That wouldnt even make a dent. They are some of my favorites, but wow if I sold some of my high end cards too....here are some of the cards I looked up. Now this does not mean I am going to sell.....just thinking.

[Image: 100_2534.jpg]
[Image: 100_2396.jpg]
[Image: 100_2395.jpg]
[Image: 100_1790.jpg]
[Image: 100_1788.jpg]
[Image: 100_2331.jpg]
[Image: 100_2089.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: So Tempted!
(07-23-2011, 12:32 AM)nickm1123 Wrote: For whatever reason I have been debating if I should continue to collect. I have two thoughts. Keep my cards or sell. If I sell, what would I do with the money? Pay bills? Then what? I tend to spend way too much money only to put the card (s) into a box. Although I look at my collections often, they just sit there. Being bored, I decided to look at some of my middle of the road MJs and see how they have been selling. I looked up 20 different cards and found the average of the selling value of each card. For the 20 cards, I would have got around $1500 from selling them recently...THAT is only 20 cards out of my collection! That wouldnt even make a dent. They are some of my favorites, but wow if I sold some of my high end cards too....here are some of the cards I looked up. Now this does not mean I am going to sell.....just thinking.

[Image: 100_2534.jpg]
[Image: 100_2396.jpg]
[Image: 100_2395.jpg]
[Image: 100_1790.jpg]
[Image: 100_1788.jpg]
[Image: 100_2331.jpg]
[Image: 100_2089.jpg]
like cards 1,2 and 4 shown

Let your cards go, for if they come back, your love was always theirs and if they don't, it was never meant to be. Lol. Anyway, I too have that feeling. Sometimes I don't want to let a card go because I might regret it later on, but at some point we will give up these cards. Whether to our children or another collector. If you don't need the money and have enough to still buy, I'd keep those cards, if not, sell it and keep the addiction going. GOOD LUCK

Try not looking at them for awhile....

My advice is to keep hold of your favourite cards (maybe your top 20 or something) and sell off the rest. It's a win-win situation: you'll suddenly have a huge inflow of cash and your collection will be more streamlined and meaningful. I did the same thing recently.

I'll collect for a year or two then sell off everything and take a 4 or 5 month break. Then when i start over again i will collect something completely different than i was before. Keeps things interesting that way.

if you dont need the money, do not sell them, you will regret it. theres a million ways to get money, but you will never be able to get the time back and the good memories of getting the cards. this is just a hobby, if youre tired of it, or tired spending the money, take a break, and one day when that fire is burning in your belly to get back into it, youll still have all the cards you love. but as said, it is just a hobby, if you need the money and have no choice, sell them.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

(07-23-2011, 09:12 AM)pingbling23 Wrote: if you dont need the money, do not sell them, you will regret it. theres a million ways to get money, but you will never be able to get the time back and the good memories of getting the cards. this is just a hobby, if youre tired of it, or tired spending the money, take a break, and one day when that fire is burning in your belly to get back into it, youll still have all the cards you love. but as said, it is just a hobby, if you need the money and have no choice, sell them.
+1000000
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I agree with pingbling as well. Selling them for no other reason than to just sell them probably isn't worth it, but if you need the money that's a decent chunk of change for sure. I could really use about that much money right now to float me until I start getting my stipend again (I'm a doctoral student, tough to make ends meet this summer despite working). Unfortunately my top 20 Jordans wouldn't bring anything close to $1500. I only own one that books at over $100.

In the end it's up to you! One thing I try to do when I'm faced with a tough choice is to physically make a list of pros and cons. I don't sit and do it all at once, I just take a few days and write one down whenever it comes to me. Eventually I sit down, weigh the pros and cons on how important they are to me and see where I stand.

Good luck!

Don't give up on the cards, Nick! Especially the Jordans - then it'll basically be a monopoly of pingbling!!!!

Collect Patrick Ewing, Jalen Rose, Kevin Garnett, LaMarcus Aldridge, Jeff Green

if you have less than 25 trades, I will ask you to send first.