`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What to do with $200?

RE: What to do with $200?
(07-22-2011, 03:28 PM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: I think they use Wal-mart stock.
Hahahaah.

My whole organize is for sale to fund a trip to Disney for my kids. See if I can help you and you can help me as well.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I agree with the idea to save a portion of it, even if it's not specifically for college - having $ put away is never a bad thing, in this money nerd's opinion. If I were you, I'd figure out what kind of collecting itch I was having and try to spend the minimum scratching it.

Thanks guys.

Shoot offers to the people selling on here who won't post asking prices, even though I would think they KNOW what they want for it (probably too high), and see if you come close.

On a serious note, if you're getting ready for college, then hold onto it. There are books that cost upwards of $200 you'll need.

Well if getting a job and education matters to you OP, then I would save it all toward college...You can't beat a college education and being able to get a good paying job..I just graduated and luckily I'm debt free due to smart spending..

However if you don't go that route, I would buy whatever you like off Ebay because it is a sure thing...Forget Hobby boxes..Most of them are not worth the amount you pay for them...Look at some of the new Allen and Ginter and Heritage..People have bought multiple boxes and have not even came close of pulling something good or worth the money they spent...
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(07-23-2011, 11:58 AM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: forget Hobby boxes..Most of them are not worth the amount you pay for them
While that may be true, opening boxes is much more fun than getting singles. If I couldn't open boxes, I wouldn't collect cards
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

(07-23-2011, 12:26 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: While that may be true, opening boxes is much more fun than getting singles. If I couldn't open boxes, I wouldn't collect cards
True, but if you are on a budget, then hobby boxes aren't the way to go, imo...

I guess it's different for everyone though..
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

Thanks guys. I don't think I am going to buy singles. Right now I think I am going to buy a 2011 Bowman Jumbo box for $170.00. Even if I don't pull a Harper, so many people are pulling at least one color refractor AU, which books pretty decent. I love opening up boxes and packs. I think I am going to make more than $200, so the rest I will save for college. Thanks all.

i have some single cards i would sell take a look if you are interested
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo