`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice of Blyleven Rookies Graded and Raw

Advice of Blyleven Rookies Graded and Raw
I'm seeking opinions and advice on some cards I put on auction for HOF weekend. As a child I remember being fascinated by statistics and I still am to some degree. I was probably still in elementary school when I realized that Bert Blyleven was at that time third on the all time strike out list. That Christmas my mother mail ordered his 1971 rookie, almost two decades later I had it graded, this one came out a BVG 6. I work a lot of hours and don't "hound" eBay like I did when I was hustling money to pay for my master's degree, but I did invest a few dollars into buying some raw 1971 Blylevens and then had a chance to get most of them graded. I ended up with 2 PSA 1's, a 3, a 4 and an OPC 4. I know that when it was announced that his rookie was selling semi-hot but had cooled of some. I was advised to list them the day of the HOF ceremonies, but being a bachelor and working 100 hours a week, I used some down time on Sunday to list them, they should end about half hour to hour when the camera begins to roll. I've been buying and selling online for seven years and I'm very aware that anything can happen. I've sold cards valued at $500.00 for a penny and I've had commons sell for $25.00, yes, I have some stories. Just looking for opinions, have a great day.
Chuck